Not Rosey at the Rose Bowl (Finals 2007)

Being a resident of California (born and raised in Los Angeles) i am very ashamed and embarrassed by what i am hearing about finals in Pasadena. How apparently California drum corps fans was treating out of state corps and fans. I was there at finals in 2007 with my wife. With the exception of the dad who had a son marching Bluecoats that got into a semi heated debate with a couple Cavies fans about the Bluecoats being screwed over in score/placements cause finals was on the west coast (he claimed that if finals was back east, Bluecoats would have been top 3) there wasn't any issues in our section. We had a couple sitting next to us that came all the way from New Hampshire. They said they had a lovely time in Cali. But obviously based off what is being said in other threads, it was a bad experience for some at the Rose Bowl that night. If you attended finals in Pasadena and you and your corps was treated rudely, i am very sorry and apologize on behalf of all California residents. It's not right and it should not have happened. Zero excuse for that kind of behavior.

Being a resident of California (born and raised in Los Angeles) i am very ashamed and embarrassed by what i am hearing about finals in Pasadena. How apparently California drum corps fans was treating out of state corps and fans. I was there at finals in 2007 with my wife. With the exception of the dad who had a son marching Bluecoats that got into a semi heated debate with a couple Cavies fans about the Bluecoats being screwed over in score/placements cause finals was on the west coast (he claimed that if finals was back east, Bluecoats would have been top 3) there wasn't any issues in our section. We had a couple sitting next to us that came all the way from New Hampshire. They said they had a lovely time in Cali. But obviously based off what is being said in other threads, it was a bad experience for some at the Rose Bowl that night. If you attended finals in Pasadena and you and your corps was treated rudely, i am very sorry and apologize on behalf of all California residents. It's not right and it should not have happened. Zero excuse for that kind of behavior.

Where are these things being said, I'm curious as a native Southern Californian. It's pretty sad if this is the case....

2007 was the last year I marched and I loved having a Western championships, especially a home show for myself. However, in terms of negativity what I remember overhearing, especially at I&E were Easterners complaining about traffic, prices, travel, and how they got less exposure to their corps. On a side note I remember Pioneer's housing facility getting broken into during finals week...really no surprise there to me. My corp had a similar incident at one of our southern CA housing sites too.

It is always inexcusable, but it happens unfortunately...just look at the Dodger stadium incident a few yrs ago

Where are these things being said, I'm curious as a native Southern Californian. It's pretty sad if this is the case....

2007 was the last year I marched and I loved having a Western championships, especially a home show for myself. However, in terms of negativity what I remember overhearing, especially at I&E were Easterners complaining about traffic, prices, travel, and how they got less exposure to their corps. On a side note I remember Pioneer's housing facility getting broken into during finals week...really no surprise there to me. My corp had a similar incident at one of our southern CA housing sites too.

It is always inexcusable, but it happens unfortunately...just look at the Dodger stadium incident a few yrs ago.

Go to the Wrangle in Warrensburg thread. Around pages 75-79 or about there. There are a few mentions of it. Embarrassing. One mention is one to many.

There were worst issues in Dallas and Jackson, Mississippi. The only thing negative that I recall about championships that year is the seating was uncomfortable compared to other stadiums. I am 6 foot tall and the Cotton Bowl is not comfortable for me.

Hah! Someone actually took me seriously for once!!

• Like 1