A Pseudo-intellectual on the K-Pop break

So to summarize the OP, in the vein of the "Drum Corps in One Word" thread:

KPlop

:worthy:

I'm just so happy that someone, anyone bothered to research why the K-pop song fit into the theme of the show. I'm astounded. Drum corps watchers so rarely think about show theme, and some don't even know that design elements are selected with thematic purpose! Oh my God, someone gets it.

The K-pop section seems no different than the Bjork-speak the Cadets used in 2005. It's just a vaguely related song that leads into a drum break. I'm not a fan of "let's get a donut" or "clickety clack crash" or whatever else, but it's just a rhythmic introduction.

Edited by cajal

The K-pop section seems no different than the Bjork-speak the Cadets used in 2005. It's just a vaguely related song that leads into a drum break. I'm not a fan of "let's get a donut" or "clickety clack crash" or whatever else, but it sets up a rhythmic introduction.

I've listened to SO many recordings of this BD show as well as the original Kpop song and I'm yet to hear how it sounds anything like "let's get a donut"

I've listened to SO many recordings of this BD show as well as the original Kpop song and I'm yet to hear how it sounds anything like "let's get a donut"

To each their own, I tend to tune it out when I hear it. That description was some else's, I borrowed it. I view it as a rhythmic interlude druing an otherwise awesome musical program.

Edited by cajal

My 12 year old, upon first hearing it, thought they were singing about Pikachu

• Like 1