little respect and dignity from Academy drumline

That's like saying talking and making noise during a golfers back swing is ok as long as you feel it's ok in your world. Yeah Academy apparently has rules that let them act foolish during another corps performance ok. let me guess people are now encouraged too move about the stadium seating during a performance. Can you also just break ranks of a corps now! Is that ok as long as your specific rules according to you say it's ok

Edited by Runitagain

yeah scouts are not spending days away from the show to perfect drum battle material. But if you have to act like a fool to call out the other drumline than you've lost. I would much rather see a drumline come out and kick butt with skill and precision rather than goofy antics. If you want to take selfies during your performance fine it's dumb but fine but you should have the decency to allow the other drumline to play so the crowd isn't distracted by duck duck goose or nap time.

Perhaps you need to watch some more rap/dance battles on YouTube. Or maybe you don't like fun. Idk.

• Like 6

That's like saying talking and making noise during a golfers back swing is ok as long as you feel it's ok in your world. Yeah Academy apparently has rules that let them act foolish during another corps performance ok. let me guess people are now encouraged too move about the stadium seating during a performance. Can you also just break ranks of a corps now! Is that ok as long as your specific rules according to you say it's ok

Where are the drumline battles rules? Yes, there are unspoken rules in golf and tennis, but where did the unspoken rules for drumline battles get established? These battles are a very recent thing, no? The only closest parallel would be a rap, singing, dancing battle. The Academy's members were well within THOSE unspoken rules. It sounds like you're pulling stuff out of your butt to support your outrage over Academy's members.

• Like 1

Like multiple people have said, you're taking it way too seriously.

I'm not sure that I would even classify DLB as a competition since it isn't really judged and the result is very arbitrary.

Perhaps you need to watch some more rap/dance battles on YouTube. Or maybe you don't like fun. Idk.

I watched a rap/dance battle on youtube once. Once.

• Like 4

It’s more about how the corps wants to be represented publically than right or wrong

It’s up to the individual fan as to what they make of it, sometimes the risk is; goofing can go too far and backfire, not saying that's the case here, I didn't see it, but they need to keep a line in mind

We had an incident based on being too relaxed, taking it too far, so never again were we allowed that opportunity again

I prefer a disciplined corps

why dont both groups just perform at the same time I mean obviously I'm missing something here one group performs while the other does another performance of antics and games. This is obviously the look at me generation.

I thought the 16.8 vs 15.8 in the recaps was a telling indicator....

that's not a relevant simile at all.

Golf has conventions established by time and tradition. the players decided they wanted silence, they got silence.

DLB is new.

eventually it will get parsed into either being Serious or being 'street.'

you clap between songs at DCI, you don't clap between movements at a symphony.

like things are like, not the same.

calling it 'generational' thing is ridiculous. yes, it is full of bravado and bragadocious sentiment. good. that stuff is fun.

the whole point of DLB as it was invented is for one drumline to say 'we are the best.'

i cannot believe I have now typed 3 posts for drumline battle. it's a fun excuse for 'out there' drumming. that's it.

• Like 2