SECAUCUS SHOW - CANCELLED

Yes. This is too IMPORTANT not to have an OFFICIAL answer. The EXPENSE to all in order to make any Plans for PEOPLE and CORPS can make a BIG difference in the FUTURE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Example.

A very long time ago. The DCI Championships were out west, Denver or KC or something. The Championships were not on my (PBS) TV. So I drove about 75 miles to a place where it was on. Made Motel reservations and making SURE that that Motel would have a GOOD TV in the room. So there I was all set. The PBS station on. The Show(Contest) begins. I watch 1/2. The Intermission is on. The PBS Begging goes big time. I call in a $50.00 donation. The first Corps after the intermission, comes on. THEN they Switch to the Pennsylvania State Capital for Voting of some TAX law change VOTE. And never come back to the Championships. So, their I was sitting in a motel that I did not need to go to. FOOD, Money and Time wasted. NEEDLESS to say I DID not send that $50.00. About a month later I got a letter asking for the money. To which I sent them a Bill for the Motel, Gas, and about 1/2 the food money I spent. (Never did get a reply to that)

1977. WITF was flooded with calls and showed the entire show the next week

Be nice now. My mom, my grandmother, various aunts, uncles, etc. grew up in Bayonne.

Surely you won't insult my mom, rest her soul. :tongue:

I'll be in Downingtown... basically down the street from where Brenda works. She'll be in Bayonne, with the Cabs Alumni. Go figure. LOL.

i'll be leaving a family reunion with bushels of crabs

• Like 1

Don't forget the Victory Brewpub is right down the road...it's easily the best food in the immediate area.

LOL brother in law is a brewer currently in NC. Victory was one of the many places he worked at until he finally settled down.

First Victory I ever had was given to me at a PA DC Hall of Fame breakfast. Had talked to DCPer Jimbalya day before and were talking about Victory and the fact I never tried it. Next morning was sitting with some corps mates and Jim walks over, puts two bottles on the table and sez "Now you can't say you never tried it". I had just joined the this corps and my reputation was made with that. First thing I heard was "How do YOU rate?".

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I'm really trying to remember if Victory was the place Sky's Alumni stopped in for an "after show" party around 2002-2003 ... can't remember if it was Reilly's or Reading's indoor show ... although for Reilly's we usually went back to their Post ... I do remember that St. Joe's was at the party because Eddie Reese was "in da house" ... and most likely other corps members ... the place was HUGE as I recall ... and did stay open pretty late ...

Anyone else possibly remember? ... I know ... long time ago ... maybe other "post show parties" were held there?

:-)

Love Victory!!!! If they're open late, that might work instead of the diner.

Have you ever been to the Station Taproom? It gets pretty good reviews, and I'm thinking about giving it a go before the gig.

Andy, first gig I did with the Lancers was 2004 Coatesville but can't remember who sponsored. Cabs Alumni were there and IIRC watched Sky practicing. I left right after Lancers bit so missed the after show at the Victory place. That is a bit memorable as Jim C/Guido/Jimbayla swore he was talking to me at the after party. Then we met face to face at the Mini Corps show at Harrisburg the following(?) year and realized... different Jim.... No idea who he talked to LOL.....

Thanks Jim ... that had to be it ... 2004 ... I had severe tendonitis in my right arm that night and stopped drumming for about three months after that show ... the distance to Victory seems right from there ... and I remember Cossetti being there also ... was probably with Reilly at the time ... who sponsored the show?

Andy, first gig I did with the Lancers was 2004 Coatesville but can't remember who sponsored. Cabs Alumni were there and IIRC watched Sky practicing. I left right after Lancers bit so missed the after show at the Victory place. That is a bit memorable as Jim C/Guido/Jimbayla swore he was talking to me at the after party. Then we met face to face at the Mini Corps show at Harrisburg the following(?) year and realized... different Jim.... No idea who he talked to LOL.....

Edited by ajlisko

Thanks Jim ... that had to be it ... 2004 ... I had severe tendonitis in my right arm that night and stopped drumming for about three months after that show ... the distance to Victory seems right from there ... and I remember Cossetti being there also ... was probably with Reilly at the time ... who sponsored the show?

Andy, you're correct.... the Victory location in Downingtown is basically a couple of towns over from Coatesville.

What John said earlier... the food is great there!!!

Gotta love how this thread has morphed from discussion about a show being canceled, to good places to eat and drink in the Downingtown area. :tongue:

• Like 2