Broken Bones and Broken Arrow, Ok. July 21

Small world. Northeast OH would be pretty cool. That's where I'm from.

Does it count if I've been there multiple times when I marched?

perhaps they will change the corps proper's gold sash to match this new color scheme? Just a thought - I have no idea.

Wouldn't be too far off from the color now so I could see that happening.

I don't understand how Crossmen are scoring so high. The paper airplanes, chicken arms, and goofy parachute guy twice at the end of the show just tickles my funny bone, and not in a good way.

Just because you don't like some of the gimmicky bits doesn't make the show design or performance level bad. They have a very strong visual program this year. They have been scoring particularly high in visual analysis.

Did you really find nothing good about their show?

Who would you score higher than them?

Agreed.... I commented in the SA review that the ideas they present with the gimmicks are good, but they run too long. However, it is a good direction as drill and music are very very good. Look past the hokey knock u over the head stuff and they're performing like a top 12 drum corps should

What is all this chatter about the corps proper? The title of the show is "The Power of Ten". If you ask me the drill design by Jeff Sacktig has been nothing less than his usual genius. The overall design of the show is clear and the Cadets are performing the heck out of it. George himself has been dropping hints/clues/insights all over the place about the design progression of the show with neon being the 10th element his last clue. Now I didn't major in math nor am I a part of the design team but clearly the Cadets have something more coming. Whatever that something is we are either going to like it or not like it. All I know is I'm as excited as I've ever been about the Cadets. This is one heck of a package they have presented this year and I couldn't be happier for those kids. Go Cadets!!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

VP and VA will be the death of the Stars. All music scores are amazing especially underrated drums beating BK and the guard is cleaning up.

Agreed....The marching in particular seem to sinking the Stars at this point. Not a whole lot you can do if there are any major drill issues at this point. Can only hope the show peaks at the right point. Perhaps bringing in a fresh set of eyes to help clean some of the visual is in order. This corps is way to talented to be sunk by these captions.

Edited by brians
  • Like 1