Hypothetical Cadets Uniform Question

Mr. Hopkins, et al.

If you do choose to change this year's uniform for effect, how about a cream cadet-style jacket, black pants with no stripe and a maroon cummerbund?

Whatever the corps wears, for me they will always be The Cadets.

A Fan.

I seem to recall a year (or maybe more) when the Garfield Cadets wore a non-cadet maroon uniform...... I can't even pinpoint the decade, but it was not recent and not as far back as Holy Name...... i'm thinking closer to 1960s or 70s........ I can't even picture it in my mind...... am I wrong ????

I seem to recall a year (or maybe more) when the Garfield Cadets wore a non-cadet maroon uniform...... I can't even pinpoint the decade, but it was not recent and not as far back as Holy Name...... i'm thinking closer to 1960s or 70s........ I can't even picture it in my mind...... am I wrong ????

In 1985, for a very brief time at the beginning of the season, they wore their maroon member jackets because they were waiting for their new uniform jackets to arrive. Maybe that was it. I can recall seeing them at a show in NJ early that year and doing a double take. I think they also wore white caps. It was weird. LOL

In 1985, for a very brief time at the beginning of the season, they wore their maroon member jackets because they were waiting for their new uniform jackets to arrive. Maybe that was it. I can recall seeing them at a show in NJ early that year and doing a double take. I think they also wore white caps. It was weird. LOL

I thought that was 1986 when they did Undiscovered Bernstein.

Edited by d1358531

I remember when it happened in '86. They wore member jackets, blue jeans and white painter's caps.

that's because they marched the small guard

When the Holy Name Parish disbanded the corps after the 1957 season, it obviously kept the uniforms. It's a miracle that the corps stayed together. In 1958, having no uniforms, the corps went out like this:

02_1958_color_guard.jpg

• Like 2

Greetings Cadetafobes...... it is said the only constant is the universe is change....... that is untrue, the only constant is my wife is always right, but that is for a different forum. The impending uniform change is just a ploy to set the stage for a more emotional finish to an incredible season, some may say for the ages. Sit back and enjoy the shivers !

• Like 1