Doin' the Charleston - Drums Across the Tri-State - Official Threa

I wasn't following this show tonight (from the little bit of reading I did in this thread, it appears nobody else did, either), so I'm wondering...what happened to PR? Did they have a bad run? Did the judges hate them? What's the deal with that score of theirs?

I wasn't following this show tonight (from the little bit of reading I did in this thread, it appears nobody else did, either), so I'm wondering...what happened to PR? Did they have a bad run? Did the judges hate them? What's the deal with that score of theirs?

Tight with BK in most captions, but a 1.2 spread in percussion. Almost a half point larger than the last time they met. Hoping that's anomalous.
  • Like 1

Fyi, for those that weren't there. Phantom's pre-recorded taxi, I love Paris, etc. were not in the show tonight. No sure if technical issues or by design. I personally liked it much better.

Tight with BK in most captions, but a 1.2 spread in percussion. Almost a half point larger than the last time they met. Hoping that's anomalous.

Yes I noticed percussion issues and I'm a brass guy. If i noticed then there were issues. Horn line sounded much improved.

While it looks bad, I found the recap to be very reassuring. BK and Phantom are neck and neck in GE, indicating that Phantom's show design really isn't as awful as people are saying it is. The big offenders for Phantom is guard and percussion. If they can get that up to par, they're fighting for 6th place this year. Unfortunately, I don't see them improving enough to catch BK in 6th.

• Like 1

Recaps show they got killed in percussion and color guard, losing by about a point in each. All other sub captions were close to equal, being won/lost by about 1/10th of a point of each other. Phantom lost by 2.

+++

Fyi, for those that weren't there. Phantom's pre-recorded taxi, I love Paris, etc. were not in the show tonight. No sure if technical issues or by design. I personally liked it much better.

A few years ago there was rain just before the show and electronics were not used on the field. It's common sense and it goes to the safety of the kids.

I don't know if that was the case tonight, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by wvu80

Even though they scored higher elsewhere, Boston taking a step backwards doesn't help their cause. Hopefully they'll catch up on some sleep and rehearsal time (only two hours today).

How can THAT happen at this point? Was there a logistics problem because when you are at this point of the season what should be of the utmost importance is proper rest and rehearsal time.