ALLENTOWN - Day 1

Is the reason for 2 days because there is nowhere to park the semis besides the park? How do they decide who goes on what day? Do first day groups get screwed since the second day gets another rehearsal day?

First group gets tomorrow off. I don't think it makes much unless corps are super tight for prelims seeding.

Hopefully the admins of all the corps have got things scheduled right so their kids get good rehearsal and rest in before the final push.

Is the reason for 2 days because there is nowhere to park the semis besides the park? How do they decide who goes on what day? Do first day groups get screwed since the second day gets another rehearsal day?

There is plenty of room to park the buses, trucks and other vehicles. The entire length of the street behind the stadium can be parked on both sides with room to spare. There is even another gravel lot for the souvie vehicles.

The early years of the event included two full days of daytime Prelims up to 28 corps per day (48-56 corps total) and a Saturday night Finals. This 11-12 corps per day is a piece of cake, the way the streets are managed.

I've just never understood the 2 days now. It gives scores that are avg for prelims. Day one has less rehearsal than day 2 so how do judges compensate? And this year blue stars, Crossmen, and BaC have all been withing a point at each regional and all closing in on Madison. Last night the top 4 were within a point. Now we just seperated stars from that pack and half the top groups.

Why doesn't DCI have any regional shows with a prelims and a finals anymore?

A thought occurred to me, corps performing tomorrow and their fans probably consider tonight as Prelims! :devil:

• Like 1

I've just never understood the 2 days now. It gives scores that are avg for prelims. Day one has less rehearsal than day 2 so how do judges compensate? And this year blue stars, Crossmen, and BaC have all been withing a point at each regional and all closing in on Madison. Last night the top 4 were within a point. Now we just seperated stars from that pack and half the top groups.

Pretty easy. 2 nights = twice as many tickets sold.

• Like 2