Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

Boston was also " on " here in the Semi's... very strong run from them I thought. Banners looked sharp. Singer soloist nailed her high notes, Guard, Percussion were " on " it seemed to me. Brass line showing far more volume now than earlier in the season.

I'm going to state this as a fan of music, and not as a "trained" music person (ARF!! ARF!!). In my opinion, there has been nothing "wrong" with the soloist. Has she gone sharp or flat at times? Yes. However....in my eyes (even as those of the heretofore "trained" musician), there is something to be said for the effect. Think of it this way: you're at a Doc Severinsen concert. Doc, in his 80th year. At the very end of a 2-hour concert, he decides to go for that Double-A that he hit without error 40 years ago. Ok...it's a little sharp (or a little flat). BUT...do you sit there and say to yourself "Hmmmm...that was about 5 cents sharp" ...pretend, at least, that you know what I'm talking about. Or, do you say "HOLY F***...Doc rocked my socks off with that one!!!"

The Boston Crusader soloist has been concluding the climaxing phrase in the coloratura range. Not easy. If you want a reasonably good impression for yourself, then take a ball-peen hammer, bring it back over your shoulder, and swing down, making solid contact with your nuts. There...get the idea?

She's done well for the effect. And given the fact that I highly doubt that ALL DCI judges are Conservatory-trained musicians, I would be willing to be that her efforts, and their ensuing results, have been "close enough for horseshoes."

• Like 2

Anyone know why you cant put youtube audio on the TV but you can through the computer? Thats odd

1. Yes, but I don't see them advancing a spot

2. Maybe...

3. I'm calling for a tie between the top 4!!!! :wow:

This is Friday, I say it's moving day. Semis ends with a a two-horse race and some separation from third, with another two-horse race for 3-4.

BD surges with an unbelievable semis performance. Their problem will become, can they sustain two perfect performances in a row?

Cadets can't overcome the GE disaster of all-black unis with NO color and continue to slide (actually, they can't keep up as the other corps keep adding points). If only they had put some color in the cummerbunds and kept the white plumes, they might have had a chance. Now they just continue to slide with no hope of recovering the GE they never got. Bloo kicks it up a notch, Cadets don't have an answer.

Anyone know why you cant put youtube audio on the TV but you can through the computer? Thats odd

what? I'm listening on my T.V. so I can play world of warcraft on my comp >.>

The Boston Crusader soloist has been concluding the climaxing phrase in the coloratura range. Not easy. If you want a reasonably good impression for yourself, then take a ball-peen hammer, bring it back over your shoulder, and swing down, making solid contact with your nuts. There...get the idea?

I think I'll pass on doing THAT thank you very much to" get the right impression". My YouKnowWhats hurt just thinking about that experiment of yours, HornTeacher ( lol!)

I'm going to state this as a fan of music, and not as a "trained" music person (ARF!! ARF!!). In my opinion, there has been nothing "wrong" with the soloist. Has she gone sharp or flat at times? Yes. However....in my eyes (even as those of the heretofore "trained" musician), there is something to be said for the effect. Think of it this way: you're at a Doc Severinsen concert. Doc, in his 80th year. At the very end of a 2-hour concert, he decides to go for that Double-A that he hit without error 40 years ago. Ok...it's a little sharp (or a little flat). BUT...do you sit there and say to yourself "Hmmmm...that was about 5 cents sharp" ...pretend, at least, that you know what I'm talking about. Or, do you say "HOLY F***...Doc rocked my socks off with that one!!!"

She's done well for the effect. And given the fact that I highly doubt that ALL DCI judges are Conservatory-trained musicians, I would be willing to be that her efforts, and their ensuing results, have been "close enough for horseshoes."

Mr. Rimmer shows how it's done:

7Auwg0N.gif

• Like 2

7Auwg0N.gif

:worthy::spitting::worthy::spitting::worthy:

7Auwg0N.gif

haha!... oh Man. the next block of Corps can't start quick enough. ( lol!)

• Like 1