Why not buy a tshirt from a different corps today?

If you love drum corps, and if you're reading this, I know you do, then support a corps by buying a tshirt from them! Make it a goal to purchase at least 1 tshirt from a different corps. The Open class corps have some great souvies!

• Like 1

Buy two and go up to section 340 and give one to that guy who puts on a corps shirt before they perform. Some of them must be getting a little worn out after 30 years.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I hate when you see the smaller corps with NO ONE at their wagons...

• Like 1

I bought tee shirts from Blue Saints, Colt Cadets, Music City, and Jubal on Tuesday (the second and third for my nephews, the last for my mother, to go with her Taipei Yuehfu shirt). I purchase based on how much I like the design.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 3

Don't forget the Fuel Fund! Gotta get these members back home safe and sound.

• Like 3

I have been surprised when you wear a tee shirt for the smaller corps when people who marched thank you for wearing the shirt and are glad that there is at least one "Teal Sound", or "Coastal Surge" supporter in the house. Of coarse they all assume you are a parent or marched with that corps long ago. Of course I wish that I more of the corps I bought shirts from were still around :(

Edited by totaleefree
  • Like 1

I hate when you see the smaller corps with NO ONE at their wagons...

:ninja:

Well, IMO - that's partly due to the DCI heirarchy deciding who gets to be in what spot. I'm making this assumption based on a history of seeing the Open class corps and the occasional All-Age corps being subjected to placement from where a majority of the fan traffic is both before, during and after the show. I have seen very few exceptions to this over the last 5 to 10 years.

They deserve to be seen - a "big time" corps will have people go to their booths - regardless of how far fans have to walk... Time to level the playing field and let the lesser known groups be seen and try to get their products into the hands of new and old fans alike.

:soapbox: rant off now!

Pat

Don't forget the Fuel Fund! Gotta get these members back home safe and sound.

I totally agree. Most corps have a fuel fund or "general" fund at their souvie trailer. If you have the means, drop a couple of bucks (or even change) into that jar.

• Like 1