High GE

Congrats to Crown for winning best GE this year! They certainly did pump up the crowd and that's how you do that!

I'd love to see who's won GE over the years, and how that stacks up to the winner overall. Anyone want to chime in with info on the best GE winners recently, and historically?

You feel the need to reply to your own thread post, because nobody has responded after 55 minutes, on a Sunday morning at 730am?

If this is a topic you are truly interested in, From the Pressbox.com is where many go. You can do your own research, and then report back to your own thread with the answer, then nobody has to look it up for you.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4

As expected, the winner usually wins GE. Some exceptions include (I think) 1997 (bd gold, cadets GE), 1992 (cavies gold, cadets GE), 1988 (Madison gold, SCV GE), 1987 (cadets gold, SCV GE)....but your forthcoming research on fromthepressbox could prove me wrong on one or more of those.

Congrats to Crown!! Definitely a ton of GE in that show.

High GE = best show

Too bad there's a bit of marching, playing, and spinning involved in drum corps too :/

• Like 1

GE covers 2 different things with music and visual. If you can only win one and not the other it isn't a guaranteed win like last night. Have to execute both and last night crowns feet were not as good costing GE effect. I guess a lot of people didn't realize GE was decided by .1 last night and split each subcaption. The real question should be what is GE?