Carolina Crown 2016

Wow! I have no words.

Edited by Luke4496

Quick thoughts:

Brass - They sound as good as ever. Jeez.

Percussion - I'm buying the improvement this year. Like the writing too.

Guard - LOVE.

Drill - Can't tell from the angle I saw, but when you see a high cam, think you'll agree it's TONS better than last year which was one of my huge gripes.

Music Book - The way he has blended this stuff together is VERY masterful, the opening Ecstasy of Gold/Medea hybrid is PERFECTION.

GE - Huge musically again, there are some really cool visual moments too.

Theme - Only area I think they have some work to do. But after last year, think it's pretty obvious they can do that.

Overall - VERY impressed.

As much as I'm not a fan of BDs show musically, I can understand they will be fantastic and I respect them for sure. Cadets are HOT right now. And lord have mercy if Bluecoats come out swinging. And Vanguard? AND BLUE KNIGHTS? AHH. BUCKLE UP KIDS. Gonna be a WILD ride.

Hype stagecoach???

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE THING 2K16!

• Like 2

Hype. I need this Crown donor video for the full assessment. Please hurry, Crown! We got Game of Thrones in an hour.

• Like 1

Guys- Crown is so impressive right out of the gate. That guard is CRAZY good. Percussion is a big step up from 2015. Brass was very hard to judge on the broadcast but I'm sure they are very strong as always

I love the music and the design.. show has the great western sun rise in east sets in west progression, which I love

The rifle feature in the opener is a big wow

Musical arc is very strong as is field usage / staging - all of which I feel are improved from 2015

I'm telling you, with what we've seen from Crown now, BD yesterday and the Cadets show being very strong (but MUCH dirtier than Crown visually) - and Coats and others till to come - we aren't going to have a "battle" for first (or even a medal spot) - we are going to have an all out WAR!!!

:)

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 4

Just my early initial couple of thoughts, from a shaking and poor quality video stream, so... grain of salt folks:

While I thought the trombone soloists was very impressive, I couldn't help but think a few more bones would have increased the richness. The Hallelujah piece... good, really, really good; however, this song is both haunting and enthusiastic - you're supposed to feel a rollercoaster of emotions. I felt the tone could have been a bit more saddening at the beginning - but the ending was incredibly special. I'm certain they are still layering, which I think will only improve an already inspiring show.

Finals performance surprise... real horses?

Guys- Crown is so impressive right out of the gate. That guard is CRAZY good. Percussion is a big step up from 2015. Brass was very hard to judge on the broadcast but I'm sure they are very strong as always

I love the music and the design.. show has the great western sun rise in east sets in west progression, which I love

The rifle feature in the opener is a big wow

Musical arc is very strong as is field usage / staging - all of which I feel are improved from 2015

I'm telling you, with what we've seen from Crown now, BD yesterday and the Cadets show being very strong (but MUCH dirtier than Crown visually) - and Coats and others till to come - we aren't going to have a "battle" for first (or even a medal spot) - we are going to have an all out WAR!!!

:)

You are so right. This is a season for the books.

Percussion sounds great! This is gonna be a hell of a good season.