Carolina Crown 2016

Ok, my thoughts for the show after watching it 3 times.

The brass sounds absolutely amazing. The percussion seems MUCH improved. The guard is fantastic and they seem to be growing off of last year's success. It's only June so they STILL have room to grow.

Visually, it's very clean for June and I'm sure they have much more to add which is exciting. The drill is intense and challenging which is a much needed change from last year.

The opener is the cleanest part of the show so far. Roxanne is sounding fantastic and many props go to the Trombone Soloist. Awesome Sound. The ballad is haunting, sad, and beautiful. The closer. Holy notes. Like dear Jesus. Holy crap. The closer was put on the field fairly recently so it's only going to get better from here.

I'm excited to see where the show goes from here this season. I think this will win it all. I also think that this show has the chance to go down as one of the greatest shows of all time IF it meets its potential that is so evidently on display already.

• Like 1

The ballad was awesome. Really reminded me of 2013/2014 ballads in a sense.. The end of it, with The Trio was something truly special I think.

• Like 1

The ballad was awesome. Really reminded me of 2013/2014 ballads in a sense.. The end of it, with The Trio was something truly special I think.

They took me COMPLETELY off guard when they went into the Trio stuff, I had no idea that was going to happen.

• Like 2

They took me COMPLETELY off guard when they went into the Trio stuff, I had no idea that was going to happen.

It was not what I expected. Now, from an objective standpoint that may be an interesting transition to someone who's... ehm, not a psycho crown fanatic. But, I think it will end up being really really special in August.

Secondly, I know this will more than likely change.. but the hit in the closer (medea) was also REALLY cool. Wish that would stay in, and hit when the Crown shows up. Just thinking about it now is getting me all antsy.

As I said, I'll definitely post my full thoughts after I see the official video.

Edited by Zerix

That might end up being one of my all time favorites. Medea=life.

• Like 1

To upload the video or not to upload the video, that is the question...

Please upload for people like me who's internet is too slow to live stream anything...

To upload the video or not to upload the video, that is the question...

Please, please, pretty please.