Carolina Crown 2016

I have yet to put down Crown. As a matter of fact, all I have done is praised them.

Did you not read that I wrote that they could potentially win tomorrow?

The top three are fantastic. Hell, all of the corps are fantastic. I just happen to favor BD, and post as such. Stop getting so wound up about it.

As I said, post about it there. I'm being preamptive. Meaning, before you start hating as you did in the other thread, I'm letting you know. You want to praise them? Do it without saying a word about the Blue Devils or put the Blue Devils above them. I would love to see you try. My favorite corps is Crown, but you don't see me saying anything about them in the BD, BC, Cadets, SCV threads do you? Nerp.

Not really. You were the one who was upset with me on an entirely different thread.

BD has won colorguard for the majority of the last two decades. Chances are they win it tomorrow as well. Why? Because they deserve it. Scott Chandler is "God" when it comes to that medium, and his performers are the best of the best.

Does that statement imply that Crown's guard is somehow lacking? Not at all. That's your interpretation of what I wrote, and it is incorrect. Their guard (as well as Bluecoats) are freaking phenomenal.

I have no "hate" for ANY of the performers who take the field in the activity of DCI. I happen to think that how the Blue Devils do the activity is better than the other corps. They may very well lose tomorrow night. I am okay with that. May the best corps win.

Stop being so upset over my opinion of the activity. Seriously...read your response. Totally unnecessary. Yep, I think the Blue Devils as an organization are the best in the activity. I will continue to post as such. Please re-read what I have posted, and then take that into consideration as to what you have posted to me.

And...which "hell" would you like me to go to? The Greek word for "hell" from a biblical standpoint is "Gehenna". It was a garbage dump during the time of Jesus, but is a lush valley with million dollar real estate today. Want me to go there? Cool!

lol you're a little weird :) I like that you're a massive BD homer - it doesn't bother me.

So I actually really love BD's show. I also love Crown's. But I did notice tonight that BD's guard doesn't use sabers or rifles or flags that much. From my viewing it seemed like they were mostly empty handed throughout a lot of their show.

I'm obviously not a judge and I don't know much about the guard so my opinion LITERALLY means absolutely nothing, but if I were to put Crown against BD, I'd say Crown's guard is better because they aren't just doing body movement the whole show and flipping their hair around (which I know sounds like a dis, I certainly don't mean it that way - I do think that it's a cool look to see a line of long haired people whipping it back and forth in time with one another).

Do you think that's valid? If not, I'd like to hear your opinion on why BD's guard is better.

ALSO - I know this isn't totally on topic, but you guys are talking about what kind of hell JSD should go to……soooooo :) who knows the most about catholics (?)…I think that's what you're talking about now….

Edited by FancySnack
  • Like 2

I don't care what you are. The New Testament of the Bible was written in Greek. The word that your Catholic Church translates as "hell" is originally written as "Gehenna", which is a a lush valley that you can visit today, full of million dollar real estate. If that's where you want to banish me, then I am good with that.

You clearly don't know Catholics very well.

• Like 1

lol you're a little weird :) I like that you're a massive BD homer - it doesn't bother me.

So I actually really love BD's show. I also love Crown's. But I did notice tonight that BD's guard doesn't use sabers or rifles or flags that much. From my viewing it seemed like they were mostly empty handed throughout a lot of their show.

I'm obviously not a judge and I don't know much about the guard so my opinion LITERALLY means absolutely nothing, but if I were to put Crown against BD, I'd say Crown's guard is better because they aren't just doing body movement the whole show and flipping their hair around (which I know sounds like a dis, I certainly don't mean it that way - I do think that it's a cool look to see a line of long haired people whipping it back and forth).

Do you think that's valid? If not, I'd like to hear your opinion on why BD's guard is better.

ALSO - I know this isn't totally on topic, but you guys are talking about what kind of hell JSD should go tosoooooo :)

Clearly he didn't read my post very well, since I said "go the hell on somewhere", not "go to hell", but since he wants to think I did, I'll let him have this one.

• Like 1

Clearly he didn't read my post very well, since I said "go the hell on somewhere", not "go to hell", but since he wants to think I did, I'll let him have this one.

haha, I didn't read your post well enough : ) my bad!

Edited by FancySnack
  • Like 2

As I said, post about it there. I'm being preamptive. Meaning, before you start hating as you did in the other thread, I'm letting you know. You want to praise them? Do it without saying a word about the Blue Devils or put the Blue Devils above them. I would love to see you try. My favorite corps is Crown, but you don't see me saying anything about them in the BD, BC, Cadets, SCV threads do you? Nerp.

Who cares? Lift them to the highest heavens in every thread if you want to. No one is stopping you.

Crown has developed a great show this year. It has evolved quite well. They stand a chance to win tomorrow night. If they nail it, they deserve it.

There...that wasn't so hard.

Again: stop getting so upset by my opinion on the activity.

haha, I didn't read your post well enough : ) my bad!

No, he assumed I told him to go to hell. Which I didn't. Lol. So, I'm gonna let him have that one.

I have a freaking theology degree. I fully understand Catholics.

Design coordinator extraordinair AND a theology degree? LOOK OUT PEOPLE OF DCP! GENIUS COMING THROUGH!

Edited by UKSuperman
  • Like 1

Design coordinator extraordinair AND a theology degree? LOOK OUT PEOPLE OF DCP! GENIUS COMING THROUGH!

Holy cow...

I never said that I was a "designer extraordinair", nor did I ever claim that my opinion is absolute truth.

Yes, I designed for marching bands, drum corps, and winter guards for over twenty years, at all levels of the activity. Some of them won spectacularly, some of them lost spectacularly. I did the best that I could for every group that was in front of me at that moment in time.

Yes, I have a Theology degree, as well as a Music degree and Political Science degree. As far as I am concerned, they mean nothing other than the fact that I had the time and money to stay in school. However, it does mean that I DO know something about those subjects, in the same way that I know something about design, having been there and done that.

I have never once denigrated Crown; I think they have a great shot at winning (and beating my BD's tomorrow), and have posted as such. Just because you have some issue with something I have posted prior to this thread doesn't mean that your assertion of my take makes it irrelevant.

Stop being so freaking angry.