Carolina Crown 2016

Love the added little touch they did last night at the end.

What was it?

Also, you guys should know by now that JSD doesn't belong anywhere but your ignore list. Threads are much more pleasant that way.

• Like 1

What was it?

Also, you guys should know by now that JSD doesn't belong anywhere but your ignore list. Threads are much more pleasant that way.

Instead of the girl running out of the stagecoach before stopping him from shooting, she dances through the rifles at the Medea hit picks up the fathers hat before stopping him from shooting and places it on the son. The son throws away his rifle instead then rides off with hits fathers hat in hand.

Semi's performance

https://youtu.be/yMI-Fp4eUXU

I would love to see Crown take the guard trophy - I think their equipment work is insane (and has been for a couple years now).

But... their approach seems to be going the way of the "run and gun". Fans may love it and jaws may drop in the stands, but the judging sheets seem to be looking for other things.

I don't understand it, but I also still love watching them. Zingali award or not.

What is "run and gun"? I'm not familiar with what you're trying to say.

• Like 1

What is "run and gun"? I'm not familiar with what you're trying to say.

Refers to more of the up-tempo whiplash drill while playing that was a staple for some corps years ago. Incredible demand and effect at that time, but things have changed.

edit: for reference

Cadets 2007

Crown 2012

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 1

I would love to see Crown take the guard trophy - I think their equipment work is insane (and has been for a couple years now).

But... their approach seems to be going the way of the "run and gun". Fans may love it and jaws may drop in the stands, but the judging sheets seem to be looking for other things.

I don't understand it, but I also still love watching them. Zingali award or not.

You may be right -- it may even be the "smart" thing to do.

But it's just not the Crown way.

As frustrating as it may be sometimes, Crown is going to keep doing what they do. It might bite them in the butt sometimes. But trying to "limit exposure" is just not in their DNA.

So the challenge is always there: we're going to ask you to do things no reasonable drum corps will ask you to do. Are you up for it?

As a honk it can be frustrating. But man do I love them for being true to themselves.

• Like 1

No. Crown was tops guard prelims. Not sure about last night.

As I was told they got first again. Just a rumor but that's what I heard.. hope it was true though :)