Carolina Crown 2016

Seriously?

Go back and read the thread.

Your assertion is incorrect.

Youre driving me insane. Going to find the block tool right now.

• Like 1

Take 5 minutes and watch this video. Then tell me if you think Michael Klesch, Keith Potter, Thom Hannum and Michael Townsend just bottled up all the texture and emotion in that video and sprinkle it throughout Relentless.

Oh yeah -- Crown's trumpet soloist absolutely nailed the unique timbre of the trumpet in the clip!

Edited by corpsband

Take 5 minutes and watch this video. Then tell me if you think Michael Klesch, Keith Potter, Thom Hannum and Michael Townsend just bottled up all the texture and emotion in that video and sprinkle it throughout Relentless.

Oh yeah -- Crown's trumpet soloist absolutely nailed the unique timbre of the trumpet in the clip!

Trumpet timbre -- We were in the "blast zone" last night -- row 10 on the right 35. So, the trumpet player was almost in our faces for his solo and I could hear him from the field just as well as the amps.

Yes -- he absolutely nails the trumpet tone of the original. Here's to another great run tonight! (Maybe 2 -- victory lap?)

• Like 1

For all the guard discussion earlier (who will take top guard) - I don't see any other guard equal to Crown this year. Crown's guard is in a league of their own. There may be judges that can see it otherwise, but for the most part throughout the season, Crown's guard has been heavily dominant. I have NEVER seen a guard where the responsibility of difficult tosses and movement is shared by ALL guard members. With such a tremendous show, perhaps the Ott for CrownBrass, the best percussion ever for Crown, and show that has really taken hold with those in attendance, it's easy to become distracted by all that's happening on the field. If you've had the opportunity to zoom in on the demand placed on the guard, and then compare that to others, I think the debate ends pretty quickly.

Crown's guard didn't get the benefit of the Zingale last year. It would be a travesty for it to happen again tonight.

While you're at it, pick up the Ott, win the performance categories, squeeze that GE and get the gold tonight!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

A shout out to Crown's soloist! He's been fantastic EVERY time!

For all the guard discussion earlier (who will take top guard) - I don't see any other guard equal to Crown this year. Crown's guard is in a league of their own. There may be judges that can see it otherwise, but for the most part throughout the season, Crown's guard has been heavily dominant. I have NEVER seen a guard where the responsibility of difficult tosses and movement is shared by ALL guard members. With such a tremendous show, perhaps the Ott for CrownBrass, the best percussion ever for Crown, and show that has really taken hold with those in attendance, it's easy to become distracted by all that's happening on the field. If you've had the opportunity to zoom in on the demand placed on the guard, and then compare that to others, I think the debate ends pretty quickly.

Crown's guard didn't get the benefit of the Zingale last year. It would be a travesty for it to happen again tonight.

While you're at it, pick up the Ott, win the performance categories, squeeze that GE and get the gold tonight!

Haven't looked through all of last night's discussion, but do we know who is leading the guard caption from the last two nights? Any leak of the sheets?

I would love to see Crown take the guard trophy - I think their equipment work is insane (and has been for a couple years now).

But... their approach seems to be going the way of the "run and gun". Fans may love it and jaws may drop in the stands, but the judging sheets seem to be looking for other things.

I don't understand it, but I also still love watching them. Zingali award or not.

• Like 1