Carolina Crown 2016

And, by the way, the guard member, who, machine-like, tosses, twists, turns, and catches that rifle, was absolutely flawless the entire season. She was a joy to watch. Yes, we all know Herbert from those years, but she was tremendous in her own right. She is one the most memorable guard performers I've ever seen. Crown sure knows how to build a great guard, don't they?

And, by the way, the guard member, who, machine-like, tosses, twists, turns, and catches that rifle, was absolutely flawless the entire season. She was a joy to watch. Yes, we all know Herbert from those years, but she was tremendous in her own right. She is one the most memorable guard performers I've ever seen. Crown sure knows how to build a great guard, don't they?

I could talk your ear off for hours about their guard. Guard is a BIG deal in my town, and we have and know a lot of crown performers around us.. they're unparalleled in my opinion. The real amazing work is in the performers but let's definitely not discredit the people behind the scenes.. their guard staff is downright incredible. Then again, so is the rest of their staff.. and here I am on a tangent. See what I mean?

Anyway, I loved 2012. It's my favorite show, and every part of it was great to me. Even if it didn't win, it's not about that. It's about what you as an individual like, and 2012 was my perfection.

Here's to hoping 2016 takes its place.

• Like 1

I could talk your ear off for hours about their guard. Guard is a BIG deal in my town, and we have and know a lot of crown performers around us.. they're unparalleled in my opinion. The real amazing work is in the performers but let's definitely not discredit the people behind the scenes.. their guard staff is downright incredible. Then again, so is the rest of their staff.. and here I am on a tangent. See what I mean?

Anyway, I loved 2012. It's my favorite show, and every part of it was great to me. Even if it didn't win, it's not about that. It's about what you as an individual like, and 2012 was my perfection.

Here's to hoping 2016 takes its place.

It was a great show and the monochromatic visual was my only complaint but yes I loved the show BUT 2013 was probably my all time fav show., Edited by Tobias

It was a great show and the monochromatic visual was my only complaint but yes I loved the show BUT 2013 was probably my all time fav show.,

So you would have preferred their black unis?

So you would have preferred their black unis?

I liked the black on the guard. I think they started the show with black tops and then took off as show progressed? If it were my choice they would have won instead of tnat dada show (lord help us with these judges) but surely I digress.,

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

I think an issue a lot of people had in 2012, including myself, was when the corps did their little top change, guard changed costume and went onto the silks in the closer, it was ALL cream, so IMO the visual GE suffered because nothing popped against anything or stood out in the color pallet. Was just a sea of cream and nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, great show, absolutely love it, but the closer was VERY monotone from a color perspective. I understand it thematically, just think it was a little much in execution.

After the last 3 years incredibly colorful shows, don't think that'll ever be a problem again.

I think an issue a lot of people had in 2012, including myself, was when the corps did their little top change, guard changed costume and went onto the silks in the closer, it was ALL cream, so IMO the visual GE suffered because nothing popped against anything or stood out in the color pallet. Was just a sea of cream and nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, great show, absolutely love it, but the closer was VERY monotone from a color perspective. I understand it thematically, just think it was a little much in execution.

After the last 3 years incredibly colorful shows, don't think that'll ever be a problem again.

Beautifully stated.