Carolina Crown 2016

I must knoowwww. My excitement level is at an all-time high.

What he said. I'm a bit concerned about side to side phasing, especially with the amount of time tubas spend past the 30s, but I trust they'll get that all cleaned up.

That was an issue they were never able to tackle in 2010. Great line but spread out too far was problematic.

That was an issue they were never able to tackle in 2010. Great line but spread out too far was problematic.

it was actually the side-to-side added to the ridiculous front-to-back. you're right -- never got it consistently in time.

plenty of examples of crown goal-line to goal-line since then. but that 2010 field coverage was absurd.

What fun would it be if we didn't make you work for it? ;)

In all seriousness - I want to respect the corps wishes and their fundraising attempts. We're two weeks from opening night, so you don't have much longer to wait. I will tell you this is probably going to be my favorite Crown show in quite some time. Very accessible, very crowd friendly, built with plenty of stuff to help them stay competitive. Based on what I've seen from the other groups, this will be one of the most talked about shows of the year. The old west theme is VERY evident.

Lol you guys are nothing but teases.

• Like 1

One other thought about the stuff I saw last night:

There's A LOT happening on the field. It all makes sense together, but there's no way to see this show once and catch everything that's going on. Tons of really cool moments from all sections, musically, visually, and story tellingly. The guard alone often has three or four different things happening in different parts of the field, and they're all interesting.

Yep, absolutely agree. Visually this show is going to be fun. Great observation.

There's A LOT happening on the field. It all makes sense together, but there's no way to see this show once and catch everything that's going on. Tons of really cool moments from all sections, musically, visually, and story tellingly. The guard alone often has three or four different things happening in different parts of the field, and they're all interesting.

As a spectator here with Crown at Gardner Webb, it's really nice to enjoy an open atmosphere with the drum corps. Crown is very welcoming to all vistors. I feel that the welcoming is respected and that's probably a reason why those of us do come to rehearsals honor the wishes of Crown by not posting vids and providing granular details of what they're doing.

But that said, this show is REALLY going to SPECIAL!

Especially during Roxanne. So many things happening.

• Like 2