Corps on the Move in 2016 - Who to Watch?

Bluecoats 2009, 6th place

Bluecoats 2010, 3rd place?

He said who medaled before.

Bluecoats 2009, 6th place

Bluecoats 2010, 3rd place?

Bluecoats finished 4th ( 2004) however and were 6th twice ( 2008, 2009) before finally medaling in 2010.

BK's highest finish has been 6th ( this season, and 15 years prior in 2000). The chances of BK moving up next season as as equal as moving down next season if we use 30 year DCI history as our guide with non top 4 Corps.. As we can well imagine, the chances of somebody new moving from 6th to 3rd in one season, that has never been in 5th or 4th before in their history is pretty much out of the question. ( Star of Indy did it in 89-90.. 6th to 3rd, but they were a shooting star, with unprecedented deep pockets, that was in DCI only 9 years, then quit.) This is nothing against BK, by the way, its more about how DCI tends to work re. the real world application of the Theory of Competitive Inertia.

Edited by BRASSO

Bluecoats finished 4th ( 2004) however and were 6th twice ( 2008, 2009) before finally medaling in 2010.

Bluecoats finished in 4th in 2006, not 2004. They also finished 6th three times (2004, 2008 and 2009) and 5th (2005) before medaling.

I still maintain that its impossible for a Corps that has not medaled before to go from 6th to 3rd the following season.

The chances of BK moving up next season as as equal as moving down next season if we use 30 year DCI history as our guide with non top 4 Corps..

So do they have no chance to move up, or equal chances of moving up or moving down? You should be more careful how you state your arguments, as these are not cohesive thoughts.

Anyway, unprecedented does not mean impossible. No one had ever placed 4th at Prelims and then won the gold until this year. And the Blue Devils are not considered to be a corps that makes huge gains from behind.

I think it's unlikely that the Blue Knights will medal next year, but still feasible.

What I AM impressed about is that people are talking about the Blue Knights being a serious contender for a medal, something I never thought I would see, even after last year.

You should be more careful how you state your arguments, as these are not cohesive thoughts.

Anyway, unprecedented does not mean impossible. No one had ever placed 4th at Prelims and then won the gold until this year.

I would only reply that YOU " should be more careful how you state your " arguments " ( opinions ), as nobody said that " unprecedented means impossible ". Its my opinion alone that says thats its " pretty much out of the question". While being darn exceedingly close to being the definition of "impossible", its really not. " Pretty much " is not the same as literally meaning " impossible ". So YOU really need to be " careful on the words you use " if you choose to criticise me on them.. ( as for a Corps going from 4th to 1st, everyone here knows that BD for all intents and purposes finished 2nd, minus that quirky penalty in the Quarters.... and lets be real here, BD was not going to incur it again in the Semi's, Finals. ).

Edited by BRASSO

Personally, I think the Blue Devils are the " Corps to watch " that'll be " on the move " for 2016. They had a young Corps this year, one of the youngest in the top 4. They did not win a regionals, but they finished up strong when it counted most. I would expect them to have solid retention, great transfers coming in, talented new blood pushing the young returning vets, great camps, and thus be on the move to defend their Title with an even more experienced and even more deeply talented Corps for 2016 than here in 2015.

Edited by BRASSO

I would only reply that YOU " should be more careful how you state your " arguments " ( opinions ), as nobody said that " unprecedented means impossible ". Its my opinion alone that says thats its " pretty much out of the question". While being darn exceedingly close to being the definition of "impossible", its really not. " Pretty much " is not the same as literally meaning " impossible ". So YOU really need to be " careful on the words you use " if you choose to criticise me on them.. ( as for a Corps going from 4th to 1st, everyone here knows that BD for all intents and purposes finished 2nd, minus that quirky penalty in the Quarters.... and lets be real here, BD was not going to incur it again in the Semi's, Finals. ).

I didn't say anyone said that, it's just a true statement. Your arguments do hinge on no one doing it before (which was shown to be false [bluecoats]), hence that's why it won't happen. No one doing it before does equate to being unprecedented. And while it is unlikely, it's not impossible either. No one explicitly said that either, but again, it's a true statement. I'm surprised I'm having to explain this.

I feel this is relevant:

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person's character, rather than to the content of their arguments. When used inappropriately, it is a fallacy in which a claim or argument is dismissed on the basis of some irrelevant fact or supposition about the author or the person being criticized.

I didn't say anyone said that, it's just a true statement. Your arguments do hinge on no one doing it before (which was shown to be false [bluecoats]), hence that's why it won't happen. No one doing it before does equate to being unprecedented. And while it is unlikely, it's not impossible either. No one explicitly said that either, but again, it's a true statement. I'm surprised I'm having to explain this.

I feel this is relevant:

Semantics, Shemantics.. No I don't think its " relevant ' to anything of consequence, really. Its mostly just us getting lost in the weeds here more than anything else now on this, imo. But enoughs enough. You said what you wanted to say, I did as well. Time to move on now.

Best of success to BK. They had a great season. I liked their show this year, and here's hoping they attain all their Corps goals for 2016.

Edited by BRASSO

Personally, I think the Blue Devils are the " Corps to watch " that'll be " on the move " for 2016. They had a young Corps this year, one of the youngest in the top 4. They did not win a regionals, but they finished up strong when it counted most. I would expect them to have solid retention, great transfers coming in, talented new blood pushing the young returning vets, great camps, and thus be on the move to defend their Title with an even more experienced and even more deeply talented Corps for 2016 than here in 2015.

Yeah, BD and Crown were both very young.

It's going to be a fun year next year.