Corps on the Move in 2016 - Who to Watch?

Cadets. After the show they put on this past season (and winning brass, despite coming in fourth), I am expecting them to look more into their roots for success instead of going the cheese route.

So does this means their momentary flirtation the last week of the season to become the Black Knights has come to an end, and the Cadets will be going out next season in their beloved iconic uniform with their traditional Corps colors again ? ' Hope so, for their sake, and for their long time Alums anyway.

• Like 1

So does this means their momentary flirtation the last week of the season to become the Black Knights has come to an end, and the Cadets will be going out next season in their beloved iconic uniform with their traditional Corps colors again ? ' Hope so, for their sake, and for their long time Alums anyway.

I think it's been exclaimed that the Dark Side Cadets uni's will go to C2. Which, if they keep the cream pants of C2, would look STELLAR.

If they go all black... eh. I think there's enough dark pants in DCA. They are the only group currently wearing white pants, and having definitive foot technique. At least at the last show.

• Like 1

I think it's been exclaimed that the Dark Side Cadets uni's will go to C2. Which, if they keep the cream pants of C2, would look STELLAR.

If they go all black... eh. I think there's enough dark pants in DCA. They are the only group currently wearing white pants, and having definitive foot technique. At least at the last sh

They were second place in visual in that DCA contest. Evidently white pants aren't the handicap some pontificate that they are.

Edited by xandandl

If they go all black... eh. I think there's enough dark pants in DCA. They are the only group currently wearing white pants, and having definitive foot technique. At least at the last show.

If Cadets2 get the Blacks, that could be pretty cool, imo. I " get " the goal of establishing C2 with their own sense of indenity, style, etc and so forth. That makes sense to me. But as for the DCI Cadets, why mess with success ? That iconic uni was perfectly fine, imo. And as other Corps went in other directions with their unis ( some of them bringing rolled eyes, and smirks, chuckles in choice designs ), the Cadets uni became even MORE unique and classy looking. Why fix what ain't broke ? Oh well, Cadets arn't paying me to be their uniform consultant ( haha!), and so whatever they decide it is of course their choice ( and prospective marchers choice too, as afterall they are paying for the experience. )

Edited by BRASSO

This "long time Alum" is fine with whatever they decide. I loved the all-black look against the neon colors when I saw them, just fyi.

I am thinking that highlighting the flags and guard as they did might not have been the wisest choice for them, performance-level-wise, but it looked cool to me.

This "long time Alum" is fine with whatever they decide. I loved the all-black look against the neon colors when I saw them, just fyi.

I am thinking that highlighting the flags and guard as they did might not have been the wisest choice for them, performance-level-wise, but it looked cool to me.

Yes, there are no doubt Cadets alums such as yourself, MikeD that were ok with abandoning their 80+ year uniform, colors for the all black. I would imagine however if GH polled all the living Cadets that once marched in this iconic uniform, the vast majority would not be in favor of its replacement with the all black. Would you agree ?

Also, I have read on here that the Mgt of the Cadets before the season began polled the marchers on what they wanted for the show, its style, etc.. They did so for their input. I think thats a commendable thing to do, ie to involve at some levels the marchers input. I have a 2nd question, MikeD. Do you know if the Cadets marchers were polled on whether or not they would support the replacement of the 80+ year uniform, with an all black one ? Thats a pretty darn big change if you ask me, and I was wondering if they were polled for their sentiments and their input on this as well.

Edited by BRASSO

Yes, there are no doubt Cadets alums such as yourself, MikeD that were ok with abandoning their 80+ year uniform, colors for the all black. I would imagine however if GH polled all the living Cadets that once marched in this iconic uniform, the vast majority would not be in favor of its replacement with the all black. Would you agree ?

Also, I have read on here that the Mgt of the Cadets before the season began polled the marchers on what they wanted for the show, its style, etc.. They did so for their input. I think thats a commendable thing to do, ie to involve at some levels the marchers input. I have a 2nd question, MikeD. Do you know if the Cadets marchers were polled on whether or not they would support the replacement of the 80+ year uniform, with an all black one ? Thats a pretty darn big change if you ask me, and I was wondering if they were polled for their sentiments and their input on this as well.

I am sure a lot of alums would not have approved of the color switch; you are correct on that thought, IMO. Then again, a lot of those same people would also be against a lot of the changes in instrumentation, show design, etc...made over time. There is a wide variation in the thoughts of alums at the gatherings I have attended.

I got nuttin on if the uni change was polled to the members. No idea.

• Like 1

The black uniforms are going to C2. This was put out by GH and the Cadets multiple times after the uniforms were introduced. According to them, Cadets will be going back to the traditional uniform next year. But we shall see.

• Like 1