Prop or 150 performers on the field?

This is not about the age of the performer with BD. Lets set that record straight before we go any further.

The question is

Were there 151 people on the field and was she considered a prop??

If so HOW was she considered a prop under the rule book??

If there were indeed 149 performers on the field all season and she was the 150th Performer on the field its a NON ISSUE.

• Like 1

This is not about the age of the performer with BD. Lets set that record straight before we go any further.

The question is

Were there 151 people on the field and was she considered a prop??

If so HOW was she considered a prop under the rule book??

If there were indeed 149 performers on the field all season and she was the 150th Performer on the field its a NON ISSUE.

Ah, we're quickly reaching thread number 4 or 5 about this. Congrats BD!

I'd suggest you take a screen cap of their performance and count them out yourself.

I'm inclined to trust that the BD staff are telling the truth when they said that Clara has been planned to be put in to the show before the season had started, suggesting that they had only 149 people marching all season.

This is getting ridiculous. Enough already.

• Like 5

I have a different question: what is the correct way to emphasize the syllables in the name "Blue Devils"?

I heard it pronounced two different ways this year, even by Brandt Crocker.

I'm used to it hearing BLUEdevils, but at least once this year, Crocker said Blue DEVils (as did another announcer).

• Like 1

I don't know. Maybe its me but I am looking at the first 3 pages and do not see anything on this issue. Maybe I am just overlooking it. That is why I started a whole new thread.

I have a different question: what is the correct way to emphasize the syllables in the name "Blue Devils"?

I'm used to it hearing BLUEdevils, but at least once this year, Crocker said Blue DEVils (as did another announcer).

The proper way is "BllluuUUUEEEE DEEVIILLLlllsssssss"

$5 to Joe Bruno

If I am not incorrect, it was I who first raised the whole issue on Thursday night, immediately upon returning home from the theater broadcast. I simply asked the question of whether or not there is a DCI minimum age requirement for all participating members. Ever since then, this whole baloney has taken on a life of it's own. What I asked was simply out of honest question...and NOT inferring nefarious action on the part of the Blue Devil Drum and Bugle Corps. In the end, that's all it was...a question. Nothing less, nothing more.

At this point in time, I wish to hell that I had never brought up the subject in the first place.

• Like 2

I've heard at least one recording where Wayne says it "blue DEVils"

If I am not incorrect, it was I who first raised the whole issue on Thursday night, immediately upon returning home from the theater broadcast. I simply asked the question of whether or not there is a DCI minimum age requirement for all participating members. Ever since then, this whole baloney has taken on a life of it's own. What I asked was simply out of honest question...and NOT inferring nefarious action on the part of the Blue Devil Drum and Bugle Corps. In the end, that's all it was...a question. Nothing less, nothing more.

At this point in time, I wish to hell that I had never brought up the subject in the first place.

It was a fair question I think.

And I think its been made clear there is not a min age requirment in DCI. Its enlighted many peeps.

The real question remains were there 150 or 151 performing members on the field. THAT is a pretty simple question all on its own.

And no I do not have the ability to screen capture and count for myself. Hence the reason for the question.