Prop or 150 performers on the field?

Well, to be fair:

1. Some people aren't on Facebook;*

2. You can't use DCP's search function to find posts containing "149", because it requires a minimum of four characters; and

3. On DCP, the question appears only to have been first answered (by garfield) at 5:17 AM this morning, in a thread that has fallen to the second page. You can't find the answer in the "Blue Devils 2015 - 'Ink'" thread.

*I'm not on Facebook, but I just assumed after Thursday's reveal that BD has been marching 149 all season, and thus my jocular post that night. According to other posts in the thread where garfield contributed, they actually marched 148 all season, with the addition of Clara bringing the total to 149.

148...149...150...151... . Easy to see where confusion would ensue, given The Cadets' 226. :silly:

Edited by HornTeacher

150/151. Easy. Get a screenshot & count.

Age? No limit in the DCI rulebook as to how young. However, it states on BD's own page that: "The internationally competitive Blue Devils A Corps is comprised of 150 members between the ages of 17 and 21". ...unless it suits their own interests.

The thing I don't like is that she wasn't there for (all or a majority of) the season - like the other members. To me, it's just a gimmick. Nothing more.

The one question I actually have is: Did she march with BDC this year, finish their season, and then join the 'A corps'? If so, then that would probably break some rules.

Well, to be fair:

1. Some people aren't on Facebook;*

2. You can't use DCP's search function to find posts containing "149", because it requires a minimum of four characters; and

3. On DCP, the question appears only to have been first answered (by garfield) at 5:17 AM this morning, in a thread that has fallen to the second page. You can't find the answer in the "Blue Devils 2015 - 'Ink'" thread.

*I'm not on Facebook, but I just assumed after Thursday's reveal that BD has been marching 149 all season, and thus my jocular post that night. According to other posts in the thread where garfield contributed, they actually marched 148 all season, with the addition of Clara bringing the total to 149.

Just to be clear, I don't think I ever said they marched 148 ALL season. That's not my understanding. My understanding is that, by the time they were at Indy, they were marching 148 and two holes.

It's not a big distinction but, after I chastised another poster for being careful with words, I want to make sure mine are clarified.

• Like 1

Age? No limit in the DCI rulebook as to how young. However, it states on BD's own page that: "The internationally competitive Blue Devils A Corps is comprised of 150 members between the ages of 17 and 21". ...unless it suits their own interests.

The thing I don't like is that she wasn't there for (all or a majority of) the season - like the other members. To me, it's just a gimmick. Nothing more.

The one question I actually have is: Did she march with BDC this year, finish their season, and then join the 'A corps'? If so, then that would probably break some rules.

Do you feel the same about Crown's white sheet at the end of their show? How about Colts shooting the girl?

How about Cadets uniforms?

Are all changes mid-season verboten in your mind?

And which rules were broken if she marched C-corps then A-corps? Is there something about those rules on BD's own page?

Edited by garfield

Just to be clear, I don't think I ever said they marched 148 ALL season. That's not my understanding. My understanding is that, by the time they were at Indy, they were marching 148 and two holes.

It's not a big distinction but, after I chastised another poster for being careful with words, I want to make sure mine are clarified.

Ah, thanks, sorry to have slightly mischaracterized your comments.

Give it up already and there is no rule saying she couldn't march the A corps. Just be happy that this little girl got a chance for this experience. Apparently that is an issue for some people.

• Like 1

For the love of (insert deity here)...

24 Sops

16 Mellos

24 Euphs

12 Tubas

13 Pit

9 Snares

4 Tenors

5 Bass

3 DM/Conductors

36 Guard (by my count at Semis)

And a Clara in a Pear Tree

=147.

Even if the guard count was 39 (which I really don't think it was), congratu-freaking-lations. You're still at 150.

• Like 2

BDC does not tour outside of the west....their season was done July 12 in Bellflower, CA...after that she was free to join ANY corps that wanted to put her in.

Just stop already.

• Like 2