Prop or 150 performers on the field?

The one question I actually have is: Did she march with BDC this year, finish their season, and then join the 'A corps'? If so, then that would probably break some rules.

There are no ... repeat.... NO transfer policies in place in DCI. As such, under the current rules, a Corps could take in anyone that is under 22 into their Corps for a performance, up to and including Finals. That performer could be a professional drummer, magician, singer, guitar player, dancer, brass player ( for a solo ). The fact that the Blue Devils operated under the current rules by transfering a performer from another Corps at Championships is a clever and creative way to utilize the rules to their advantage. If others don't like the lack of transfer policies in DCI well then support the adoption by DCI of a sensible and reasonable transfer policy rules..... or else sit down and zip it when Corps like BD use the lack of transfer policies to their very competitive advantage as one of their many useful tools to remain on top.

Edited by BRASSO

There are no ... repeat.... NO transfer policies in place in DCI. As such, under the current rules, a Corps could take in anyone that is under 22 into their Corps for a performance, up to and including Finals. That performer could be a professional drummer, magician, singer, guitar player, dancer, brass player ( for a solo ). The fact that the Blue Devils operated under the current rules by transfering a performer from another Corps at Championships is a clever and creative way to utilize the rules to their advantage. If others don't like the lack of transfer policies in DCI well then support the adoption by DCI of a sensible and reasonable transfer policy rules..... or else sit down and zip it when Corps like BD use the lack of transfer policies to their very competitive advantage as one of their many useful tools to remain on top.

I don't agree that a member shoud be able to transfer once you have commited to another corps.

The one question I actually have is: Did she march with BDC this year, finish their season, and then join the 'A corps'? If so, then that would probably break some rules.

I was doing an art festival in Bend, Oregon this past weekend and caught Thursday prelims in the theater there. By chance, we sat next to a family whose daughter was wearing a BDC jacket. At the finish of the broadcast my wife asked the young lady if she knew the girl in the BD show and she said, "Yes, her name is Clara" and she marched with her in BDC this year. If I heard her correctly, she also said that Clara had been the BDC 's color guard Captain.

Do you feel the same about Crown's white sheet at the end of their show? How about Colts shooting the girl?

How about Cadets uniforms?

Are all changes mid-season verboten in your mind?

And which rules were broken if she marched C-corps then A-corps? Is there something about those rules on BD's own page?

Inanimate props? Don't care. Change drill/uniforms/entire show for finals only? Don't care. Ect...

I do have an issue with participants being able to:

1) Compete with more than one corps for the same competitive year

2) Transfer to another corps after a set period of time

3) Join a corps for the last few days only

Inanimate props? Don't care. Change drill/uniforms/entire show for finals only? Don't care. Ect...

I do have an issue with participants being able to:

1) Compete with more than one corps for the same competitive year

2) Transfer to another corps after a set period of time

3) Join a corps for the last few days only

Why?

I don't agree that a member shoud be able to transfer once you have commited to another corps.

Well, it doesn't matter if you agree or not, members of corps that complete their season are free to fill holes elsewhere. The simple fact is that it happens most years. In the case of the Blue Devils, they have promoted members of the B Corps to fill the occasional hole due to injury in years the B Corps hasn't gone to championships (it happened my age-out year, in fact).

DCI does have some transfer rules in place, but nothing that would have prevented the Blue Devils from bringing Clara on board.

• Like 1

Give it up already and there is no rule saying she couldn't march the A corps. Just be happy that this little girl got a chance for this experience. Apparently that is an issue for some people.

The age only gets me when they say they only accept people 17+ in that group. Why can't people adhere to their own rules?

Little kid, or not...People marching a season with one corps and being able to join with another corps? I can't stand behind that rule. Because of the fact it's BDC vs BDA doesn't change my opinion on the matter. One corps, one season.

The age only gets me when they say they only accept people 17+ in that group. Why can't people adhere to their own rules?

Little kid, or not...People marching a season with one corps and being able to join with another corps? I can't stand behind that rule. Because of the fact it's BDC vs BDA doesn't change my opinion on the matter. One corps, one season.

Maybe because it's their rules and they can also change them as they choose