The Cavaliers 2016

I am so happy for the Cavaliers.

They are back. So hard. Crowd reaction in SA speaks spades.

The first DCI show I ever saw was a video of Frameworks my band director showed our marching band in 2003 to get us motivated for the season. I couldn't believe what I saw in that video, I had no idea anyone could march that well.

In 2004, my band was able to secure tickets to prelims and finals. They were my first DCI shows, and I was hooked. I rooted for Cavies to win, and absolutely loved 007. Their shows are what got me into DCI, and I'll always have a soft spot for those early to mid 2000s Cavies.

Their show this year brings that all back. They have the same attitude I remember, and their drill reminds me of the old precision stuff they used to march so well. They're in your face, and I can see their swagger all the way in Australia. I am overjoyed that the Cavies are back. They're here to chew gum and kick ###, and they're all out of gum.

• Like 1

The first DCI show I ever saw was a video of Frameworks my band director showed our marching band in 2003 to get us motivated for the season. I couldn't believe what I saw in that video, I had no idea anyone could march that well.

In 2004, my band was able to secure tickets to prelims and finals. They were my first DCI shows, and I was hooked. I rooted for Cavies to win, and absolutely loved 007. Their shows are what got me into DCI, and I'll always have a soft spot for those early to mid 2000s Cavies.

Their show this year brings that all back. They have the same attitude I remember, and their drill reminds me of the old precision stuff they used to march so well. They're in your face, and I can see their swagger all the way in Australia. I am overjoyed that the Cavies are back. They're here to chew gum and kick ###, and they're all out of gum.

I wish I was old enough to have gone to see them in their prime, I've seen those awesome 2000's shows when the fan network was up and running. The Cavaliers have been my favorite corps since I learned about DCI. My former band director in high school always watched fan network with me when I had a free period, usually at the end of the school day.

• Like 1

Amps were the worst of the night volume wise. They were deafening and not blended. Loved the show otherwise.

Well other than the opening couple seconds the balance seemed really good inside the stadium to me. Maybe it's where I was sitting? Up top a couple rows up round the 45.

Edited by littlejaw
  • Like 1

before 2012, the cavies had only been below 4th place TWICE in 23 years. wrap your mind around that.

the past 4 years have been inconceivable for me as a long-time dci fan.

glad to see they've got such a great program to build on this year, and i'm confident they'll be able to recruit a lot of talent regardless of their placement.

big congrats!

• Like 1

I wish I was old enough to have gone to see them in their prime, I've seen those awesome 2000's shows when the fan network was up and running. The Cavaliers have been my favorite corps since I learned about DCI. My former band director in high school always watched fan network with me when I had a free period, usually at the end of the school day.

It's interesting you call that their prime, I would argue that what they did from 1989-1995 was more of a prime, at least for me.

Certainly there was brilliance visually, and a number of titles in the 2000's, but I enjoyed the time period referenced above more, and honestly, I remember those shows much more, especially from a musical standpoint.

• Like 1

It's interesting you call that their prime, I would argue that what they did from 1989-1995 was more of a prime, at least for me.

Certainly there was brilliance visually, and a number of titles in the 2000's, but I enjoyed the time period referenced above more, and honestly, I remember those shows much more, especially from a musical standpoint.

it's all really a matter of opinion :D for all we know their prime could be in 5 years when they win 4 in a row lol ;)