Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Mentioned this on the "New Endings" thread, but I'll say it here. Right now, the Bluecoats' new ending is leaving me a bit lukewarm. The drum break in the middle reminds me of the original ending to Tilt - it just kinda loses me. Visually, it's more of the same "running up and down a ramp" jive, but I'm liking what the colorguard is doing. And also, they should change the very end so that it doesn't sound the exact same as the end of the second movement.

Just took a look at the new ending. Agreed on all points. The drum break isn't bad at all, but it does break up the flow of the music and the visual doesn't do enough to keep me engaged. As for the actual new ending, it's fun, but feels more like they inserted something cool then went back to what they were doing. Not sure what specifically I want to see, but I definitely want more in those last 30 seconds.

Has anyone else noticed that the second to last rifle to slide down the slide at the very end of the show is ALWAYS a count late. It totally kills the ripple effect they are trying to create. I've been watching them slide a count late from the very beginning of the season..and it's starting to kill me softly.

fOd5F4nbR4twY.gif

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay
  • Like 2

Has anyone else noticed that the second to last rifle to slide down the slide at the very end of the show is ALWAYS a count late. It totally kills the ripple effect they are trying to create. I've been watching them slide a count late from the very beginning of the season..and it's starting to kill me softly.

fOd5F4nbR4twY.gif

Yep. Bothered me ever so gently all season

• Like 1

fOd5F4nbR4twY.gif

Actually, I have, and it has been that way since Spring Training. Please, staff, fix this!

• Like 1

Just took a look at the new ending. Agreed on all points. The drum break isn't bad at all, but it does break up the flow of the music and the visual doesn't do enough to keep me engaged. As for the actual new ending, it's fun, but feels more like they inserted something cool then went back to what they were doing. Not sure what specifically I want to see, but I definitely want more in those last 30 seconds.

I like what the guard is doing too, but I also like the drum break and new ensemble work. It needs to be layered, and I believe it will be, but I think this first draft looks pretty cool.

It is interesting to me that there were definite uncharacteristic problems with last night's run. Flag fumbles ... the flugle soloist had an off night, there was a hole in the horn line. Still, they were a hair's breadth from breaking 90. All this bodes well.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

I like what the guard is doing too, but I also like the drum break and new ensemble work. It needs to be layered, and I believe it will be, but I think this first draft looks pretty cool.

I really like it, and not because I'm a drummer. It leaves you hanging waiting for that final musical pay off, as the musical tension hangs in the air, the visual tension starts to build too, and then they both simultaneously payoff at the end.

I think they will definitely layer it more, but I think it kinda fits thematically when I describe it like I did.

It is interesting to me that there were definite uncharacteristic problems with last night's run. Flag fumbles ... the flugle soloist had an off night, there was a hole in the horn line. Still, they were a hair's breadth from breaking 90. All this bodes well.

There were three holes in the hornline.

• Like 1