Go Cadets!

Tobias

1. Congrats on a GREAT season

2. No - they will be in the black. The new uniforms were bought for them and the old ones are hand-me-downs and, frankly, worn out

3. Hopefully Cadets2 will build on this year (recruitment should be great) and build that brass line - the only thing that held them back from really challenging BUCS for the title

Go Cadets2!

They have to break up the all black look...... further, too many corps are going darker.....it no longer stands out as unique.

As I suggested in the DCI thread: take the new Cadet black uniform, but add white shoes and plumes and a contrasting white waist adornment so we can detect the individual members. It will keep from hurting their visual execution score......

They have to break up the all black look...... further, too many corps are going darker.....it no longer stands out as unique.

As I suggested in the DCI thread: take the new Cadet black uniform, but add white shoes and plumes and a contrasting white waist adornment so we can detect the individual members. It will keep from hurting their visual execution score......

although they march well White shoes would be a disaster . talk about drawing attention to the feet. Other white accents would work that can be changed to fit themes each year. The all white does look nice though.

I disagree completely. Those black uniforms are gorgeous and perfect for DCA and Cadets2

Well one thing for sure .. George Hopkins certainly has the attention of the DCA voting block now. He's let them know he is for real and he is there to compete and it appears that they cashed his dues check already. So it's going to be interesting to hear about that first DCA meeting and what comes out of it.

I think DCA has always know he is for real ... when he took the bull by the horns and oversaw C2, the YEA organization re-learned that he is for real ... C2 is a fine ambassador for DCA and, IMO, will lead more talented young players to other corps in the circuit ... I think it's all good ...

:-)

Well one thing for sure .. George Hopkins certainly has the attention of the DCA voting block now. He's let them know he is for real and he is there to compete and it appears that they cashed his dues check already. So it's going to be interesting to hear about that first DCA meeting and what comes out of it.

• Like 2

I think DCA has always know he is for real ... when he took the bull by the horns and oversaw C2, the YEA organization re-learned that he is for real ... C2 is a fine ambassador for DCA and, IMO, will lead more talented young players to other corps in the circuit ... I think it's all good ...

Yes but up till now he has had little to zero impact on DCA. It's like he comes to the table and discusses new ideas then DCA turns and says " Rochester for 2 more years and Dinosaur BBQ for dinner?" All in favor? Meeting adjourned !

Doubt if DCA waits until your corps comes in second before they pay attention. Running a full size competitive corps for a few years now and never a hint of management or money problems is more impressive to them IMO. His vote still has the same weight as the Hurrcs... or would that be Carolina Gold because of Kidsgrove being across the pond.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Huh?

Yes but up till now he has had little to zero impact on DCA. It's like he comes to the table and discusses new ideas then DCA turns and says " Rochester for 2 more years and Dinosaur BBQ for dinner?" All in favor? Meeting adjourned !

I disagree completely. Those black uniforms are gorgeous and perfect for DCA and Cadets2

Cadets2 are not a "typical" DCA corps..... their visual package excels and they won the complete caption. Why hide it in black? Cadets should keep the white as is and proudly show that they have control over their feets (feet is plural for foot, so feets is plural for all members foots). It's what they do better than anyone, fast, slow, forward, and backward...... and next year when brass catches up.....watch out (unless they put mutes in the horns to match the black feets)

And I say that as NOT a Cadet or Cadet2 fan..... but I know good feets movement and don't believe in hiding your assets ($1 to "The Producers")

edited for spelling.....

Edited by JoeDz
  • Like 1