Cadets 2016

Tobias

I agree! I suppose we could call Crown's banners quesadillas, right?

History will prove all the naysayers wrong about 2015. It was a great injustice to place that monster of a show in fourth because of a lack of MMs straining towards the heavens with pained expressions on their faces to portray the design team's farcical "meaning" on the ignorant masses.

• Like 3

When Shost's Tenth is performed in symphony halls, orchestras don't "put on a show" for the audience. They just play the heck outta that thing! Nobody says "Hey! You know what that performance needed. People in rags with clenched fists cursing Stalin for bread lines." Cadets 2015 didn't need it, and it's a shame the judges were too myopic to understand that point. Meaning isn't paramount to performance, and perform it they did!

Edited by wallace
  • Like 1

When Shost's Tenth is performed in symphony halls, orchestras don't "put on a show" for the audience. They just play the heck outta that thing! Nobody says "Hey! You know what that performance needed. People in rags with clenched fists cursing Stalin for bread lines." Cadets 2015 didn't need it, and it's a shame the judges were too myopic to understand that point. Meaning isn't paramount to performance, and perform it they did!

On the other hand, I thought the voice over speaking numbers was kinda goofy and did nothing, IMHO, to enhance the Cadets' performance.

• Like 3

Smearing a layer of cheap cheese over Shostakovich’s 10th symphony was their biggest liability, so I’m inclined to blame the theme if we want to pretend it was merely a design issue but it was due to performance, live at finals week, it wasn’t there, it wasn't clean enough

so 2016, can we can the cheese or is it now part of the Cadets DNA?

Yeah, you'd think they would have learned the narration lesson about 8 times already. It.Doesn't.Work. If we look back at the cumulative decade of amplified voice, I don't think anyone's done it worse than Cadets. Stick to what you're awesome at - brass, percussion and guard.

Yeah, you'd think they would have learned the narration lesson about 8 times already. It.Doesn't.Work. If we look back at the cumulative decade of amplified voice, I don't think anyone's done it worse than Cadets. Stick to what you're awesome at - brass, percussion and guard.

Hmmm, I think they kind of did that in 2015 and came in 4th..