Cadets 2016

Tobias

It's not like Yamaha is an American company that sent its jobs overseas. It's a Japanese company that just happens to have really high quality instruments. To give you some perspective, Jupiter pays corps to use their horns, but BAC decided this year it would be better to go Yamaha, from what I understand. I think that says a lot about the difference between the horns.

If ya'll want quality American horns, System Blue seems to be making waves, but it'd be pretty awkward if the Cadets marched horns designed by BD ;)

It's not like Yamaha is an American company that sent its jobs overseas. It's a Japanese company that just happens to have really high quality instruments. To give you some perspective, Jupiter pays corps to use their horns, but BAC decided this year it would be better to go Yamaha, from what I understand. I think that says a lot about the difference between the horns.

If ya'll want quality American horns, System Blue seems to be making waves, but it'd be pretty awkward if the Cadets marched horns designed by BD ;)

Perhaps not as awkward as you pre-judge given that BD's new CEO is a Cadet alum and Cadet admin alum, joining another who has been on BD's BoD. The times they are a changing.

Edited by xandandl

System Blue Marching Brass is made by King at the Conn-Selmer Facility located in Eastlake, Ohio.

reference: http://www.conn-selmer.com/

The old stuff was, the new System Blue instruments are not. The brass are made in China, percussion in Milton Keynes, England.

But honestly, who cares where it's made? System Blue is an American company, and it's products are designed by Americans. It's manufactured in China, a country known the world over for precision machining and manufacturing. If the instruments play well (and they really do), what difference does it make?

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

The old stuff was, the new System Blue instruments are not. The brass are made in China, percussion in Milton Keynes, England.

But honestly, who cares where it's made? System Blue is an American company, and it's products are designed by Americans. It's manufactured in China, a country known the world over for precision machining and manufacturing. If the instruments play well (and they really do), what difference does it make?

Really? I wasn't aware. I'm an Ohio guy so a little disappointed to know that. I know the old Conn, King stuff was pretty good back in the day. Oh, well!

But honestly, who cares where it's made? System Blue is an American company, and it's products are designed by Americans. It's manufactured in China,

a country known the world over for precision machining and manufacturing.

If the instruments play well (and they really do), what difference does it make?

1. is a matter of much contention in the commercial world, not limited to tooting horns.

2. one of the worst record of civil rights violations, low wages, and disrespect for human workers. Check with the UN and World Court commissions. On this you are too much a homer rather than being objective.

I'd continue but then the mods would close the thread for being too political although realistic.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Yeah, let's move on to a far more controversial topic than politics-- like the black uniforms I hear are getting doned again this year! :satisfied:

I heard a very heavily altered version of the black. Sounds terrific for the program

• Like 1