Cadets 2016

Tobias

In deference to my sponsorees who have evidently been given some heat from the powers to be when I publicly post some negative criticisms on this site, I'm not going to mention my likes or dislikes relative to Cadets 2016 show. Totally unfair to pressure the MMs thus, and I will take the higher road. Those who wish to PM at some points may get a response or not depending on who you are.

However, it has been the philosophy of the same administration for about a decade that the public, judges, and MMs get tired/bored as the season progresses. To entice the audience more, to challenge the MMs and to engage the judges, some parts of the show are deliberately withheld until later in the season and find their way onto the field or ear typically after San Antonio, after Atlanta, or going into the Allentown-Indy week. Some parts on the show get a staff rating of excellent, be careful, or headed for re-write even before the first contest and are adjusted as judges' comments later influence. Tag endings, final finale, and transitions are usually the most nominated for these categories. 2016 progression doesn't seem to vary from this form to date.

a little bit dramatic - I'd suggest just not commenting on your "internal source's" observations - especially since they so dramatically differ from mine... Change is good, but it can be uncomfortable for many...

2013 was amazing. One of the best musical books of this decade in my opinion (GE music finals judge agrees with me). Their brass was super underrated too.

YUP. Musically one of the best shows EVER.

I don't know whether they'll be showing any more of the closer tonight, but having finally heard some of what they have been working on the last few days (in a private video that I cannot share), I'm happy (so far) with the arranging of the material being added to the end. I think their goal is to be 100% done today (with the draft as it is written today - naturally they will continue changing/tweaking).

Private video is private video right ???

Gee, I thought the Pope's name was Francis, not Dixon.

Huh. I was being kind. Not sure how that makes me the pope but I will take it!

Not clear what you are getting at - asking me to share? Criticizing me for having seen it? Which?

Lots if cranky types today. Keep your private video private but thanks for sharing your insight and impressions.

Cadets show is ON THE FIELD!!

We will else it on the 29th first at the free DCI Live! Preview stream from ADA

Just a few days to clean a few big picture things. Show is wicked dirty right now with tons of upside.