Cadets 2016

Tobias

well well, that is one sloppy, great sounding, fantastic mess lol

can't wait to see it Monday and again Thursday

Lol. My feed kept cutting out and going into a sound warp unless it was them?๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hard to get a read. So many holes (5-7 brass)?

Hope they're ok. They're finished with show and have 5 days to break things down and get presentable for the first viewing on the 20th. I like the show a lot but they're just really messy.

I like what they've done with it so far, but some of those synth patches should be changed later. Great start though!

Video was extremely choppy, Hoppy.

Oh I thought it was my feed! I didn't get 5 counts of footage without it freezing or speeding up.
  • Like 1

Lol. My feed kept cutting out and going into a sound warp unless it was them?

Hard to get a read. So many holes (5-7 brass)?

Hope they're ok. They're finished with show and have 5 days to break things down and get presentable for the first viewing on the 20th. I like the show a lot but they're just really messy.

he said they had a full corps and all were there except bass 1 which they just had to call in a vet who they will work in...

bass take a while to work in - they may have them in for the preshow and second tune by next Thursday if they arrive tomorrow...

looked like about 5 brass holes, 1 tenor and 1 bass drum, plus 3 or 4 guard

there were folks on the back sidelines and the end zone during the run who looked like most of those folks

Edited by George Dixon

he said they had a full corps and all were there except bass 1 which they just had to call in a vet who they will work in...

bass take a while to work in - they may have them in for the preshow and second tune by next Thursday if they arrive tomorrow...

looked like about 5 brass holes, 1 tenor and 1 bass drum, plus 3 or 4 guard

there were folks on the back sidelines and the end zone during the run who looked like most of those folks

I'm sure they'll have a productive next few days...

The violinist was much better today than yesterday, and the brass was great as always, but it was really annoying seeing the "wow that guard needs A LOT of work" comments. We get that they need work. The competition season hasn't started yet, so they have time to clean and improve. Everyone has to have time to improve

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 1

The violinist was much better today than yesterday, and the brass was great as always, but it was really annoying seeing the "wow that guard needs A LOT of work" comments. We get that they need work. The competition season hasn't started yet, so they have time to clean and improve. Everyone has to have time to improve

Yep they "sound" great! Not in love with the syn on drum solo but I didn't hear that before so probably just testing it. Guards tend to be messy. Always timing issues until work is all in and they start breaking it down and working it but it can be distracting.๐Ÿ˜ณ They should be fine. Good staff. They'll get them clean but thanks for being understanding. I start looking at guard by second week of July. There should be a very marked improvement in how effective the guard book is and how well they are handling it, Edited by Tobias

Yeah but it comes with the territory I guess. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's a new guard staff so naturally, everyone will doubt that they will come together. I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

the thing the critics don't "get" is that the guard gets its work with its drill - and mistakes are VERY visible

plus a few BD "fans" and Crown "fans" were among those commenting - and lord knows those guards wake up clean on June 1

• Like 1

the thing the critics don't "get" is that the guard gets its work with its drill - and mistakes are VERY visible

plus a few BD "fans" and Crown "fans" were among those commenting - and lord knows those guards wake up clean on June 1

Yep, brass / percussion learn there book during the winter but guard is learning book and drill in ST. Not worried about a mess in ST. In 4 weeks, we need to see exponential growth and still feel very comfortable with Joe snd Kristy. They're new to Cadets but worked together for a while so that chemistry is there.