Cadets 2016

Tobias

I didn't realize props were the primary catalyst as to whether or not a corps slips into 7th place and below.

Anyway, I ordered my tickets for Clifton. I hope I get a free preseason CD.

• Like 3

I didn't realize props were the primary catalyst as to whether or not a corps slips into 7th place and below.

Anyway, I ordered my tickets for Clifton. I hope I get a free preseason CD.

Oh no. Someone notify BD. They're screwed then.

:p

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Why does everything have to be super positive? Why can't one just say what they think? Guarantee the staff and members evaluate everything critically and are straightforward with their observations on what is and isn't working

• Like 1

Why does everything have to be super positive? Why can't one just say what they think? Guarantee the staff and members evaluate everything critically and are straightforward with their observations on what is and isn't working

who is saying everything has to be super positive?

"And cue the negativity"

-You

I'm just saying with the seemingly large shift in design philosophy and show construction approach, this year could be really successful or one that is seen as an interesting but otherwise fruitless experiment

And cue the negativity

Predicting a show will either win or fall precipitously makes zero sense. The brass and percussion are stellar, Guard should be improved. That alone should notch them a medal or 4th

Well there is the perspective of risk... like some of those early successful Crown programs... Triple Crown... people didn't known if they should laugh or throw their underwear. Fortunately for Crown, the risks made them super stars.

But there is no real risk in this Cadets program. It's serious, classic repertoire, using proven staging, good writing at a contending level of difficulty. I agree that the "all or nothing" assessment makes no sense in this case.

Edited by cfirwin3