Cadets 2016

Tobias

Yes. I'm thinking this is where they go in 2017. Similar to BD tweaking their uni keeping it yet modernizing it
  • Like 1

I just watched the posted clip. :wow: The staff and members have done an amazing job of turning this show around with the rewrites. I'm think they deserve an award for best re-write of the year and I can honestly see this show starting to catch up to the current top 3.

I really like SCV's show music this year, but I think it will be hard for them to beat the Cadets as they are on fire!

Job well done!

So great to hear you say that! It's not been an easy year for Cadets but they're hardly sitting around writing off 2016. They'll change and then work 24-7 cleaning and as GH would say, they'll rest when the season ends...

Just watched the video of last night. YES!!! Way better. I will give the Cadets credit, they have really put the work in to salvage this show. Putting it bluntly, this thing was a mess at the start of the season. Now it's a real drum corps show with some serious demand, some great visuals and guard work, an impressive music book that is fun to listen to, and it's mostly fun.

The theme is coming across better, but I'm still not wild about it. Just feel that particular theme lacks emotional qualities that would pull a crowd into the story line. Short of that, however, I like it. They are not using the ramps up front so I think they can scrap those...at least I hope they do. Well, I guess they are using the French Horns early in the show, but if you ask me I think they should re-stage the horns as well.

Regardless of placement it's definitely a show I enjoy now and it is beginning to show off that fabulous Cadets brass and percussion. My fear has been that with all the changes they may not be able to clean the feet which is necessary if you wish to clean music and fine tune balances and phrases. Hope they get to that point.

Agree absolutely and 100%

I do think the closer needs a few final adjustments - then they can clean clean clean

The front stage can be removed - it is only used now during the opener by six flags, the 30 second mello/horn feature in tune 2 which could be moved to the cake or to the field and highlighted by the moved "six flags (now on weapons)" on the turf

Time to move those and clean the show! Hopefully they can surge at the end and make a serious run at a medal and/or caption win - any of which would set up some momentum for 2017

• Like 1

For someone who didn't quite memorize this show by heart, what exactly did they change? From what I can tell they took a portion that used to be ff and changed it to pp < ff.

For someone who didn't quite memorize this show by heart, what exactly did they change? From what I can tell they took a portion that used to be ff and changed it to pp < ff.

The majority of what follows after PoR has been rewritten I believe.

thank goodness no more of the backward insect crawling at the beginning.

EVERYTHING about that new CG intro from the silence to the choreography to the way the corps proper starts integrating with the guard is better. Much better.

and there's clarity to most of the visual design now throughout.

keep going cadets!

The majority of what follows after PoR has been rewritten I believe.

That...can't be true. I feel like 90% of this is the same I heard at the April camp.

Agree absolutely and 100%

I do think the closer needs a few final adjustments - then they can clean clean clean

it actually feels like an ending now, though, so that's a good start.

the transition to the pianissimo slanted block towards the end before feels a little sudden right now. i feel like they'll add something there for sure.

huge changes both musically and visually in the closer. everywhere.

Yeah, most of the musical changes do seem to be in the closer. I remember brass content being taken out of Pines of Rome as well. :\