Cadets 2016

Tobias

As long as you allow for some bleed-over between the two, I'm fine with that.

I don't think there should be "bleed over"

I think 50% should be for music and 50% should be for visual - JMO

• Like 1

I don't think there should be "bleed over"

I think 50% should be for music and 50% should be for visual - JMO

There absolutely should be bleed-over, and it's been that way for a long time. Bullets like visual musicality, staging, simultaneous responsibility, and audio-visual coordination would be off-limits. This would be disastrous, because you can't judge one without the other.

Unless, of course, you want to change the system so that the Effect Music judge sits behind a screen, seeing nothing...while the Effect Visual judge sits in an audio isolation booth or has sound-dampening headphones on.

(Which actually might make for a fun experiment)

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

There absolutely should be bleed-over, and it's been that way for a long time. Bullets like visual musicality, staging, simultaneous responsibility, and audio-visual coordination would be off-limits. This would be disastrous, because you can't judge one without the other.

Unless, of course, you want to change the system so that the Effect Music judge sits behind a screen, seeing nothing...while the Effect Visual judge sits in an audio isolation booth or has sound-dampening headphones on.

(Which actually might make for a fun experiment)

I didn't mean bleed over in that sense - I meant bleed over in "oh I love those pretty flags" by the Music GE judge. Feels to me like visual is literally become 70-75% of the score... which in a "marching music" activity maybe 50% is closer to where it should be. "simultaneous responsibility" is a non-factor lately lol, a ton of park and play or "emote" and spin and then horns down and run to your next dot going on. Only 60% playing time for some of the top brass and drum lines this year. It's getting a little skewed. JMO of course.

• Like 1

I didn't mean bleed over in that sense - I meant bleed over in "oh I love those pretty flags" by the Music GE judge. Feels to me like visual is literally become 70-75% of the score... which in a "marching music" activity maybe 50% is closer to where it should be. "simultaneous responsibility" is a non-factor lately lol, a ton of park and play or "emote" and spin and then horns down and run to your next dot going on. Only 60% playing time for some of the top brass and drum lines this year. It's getting a little skewed. JMO of course.

Well, we can agree to disagree. You may feel like "visual is literally become 70-75% of the score", but the math doesn't support that.

Well, I guess the new ending could be MMs meandering around the field playing loud. I mean, isn't that how BD won a championship recently?

Not quite

It's real easy to follow now. Are you actually confused or do you just choose to be? There are two "story" shows in the top 5 - Cadets & Crown, both similarly obtuse but there if you choose to follow them. These aren't tragedy with 4 acts

Everyone else got the joke. Why didn't you?

Well, we can agree to disagree. You may feel like "visual is literally become 70-75% of the score", but the math doesn't support that.

well it's more than 50. When I said 70 I mean of GE. Back to my point about the GE balance. When you look at the different tiers of corps and GE - GE is becoming quite visually driven... Again JMO

This thread has become sooooooo unhappy! It's not the end of the world gang - Cadets have a fun show, they are working hard, GREAT music, guard is improved and hopefully they will finish strong. It's going to be OK.

I personally think the 2016 guard gives them something to build upon in 2017

• Like 2