First corps to do this wins DCI

approx 18x18 grid? 324 performers? yeah not gonna happen. far less impressive in an 8x10 grid. but its a great demonstraition that very simple movements (in this case traveling in a circle) can create amazing effects. of course the timing is a b##ch :-)

Obviously it would be on a MUCH smaller scale. I mean the rules only allow for 150 members.

It's worth considering that it would only look like this if we were all in the Goodyear blimp.

Ahh! A new class of Friends' seats! Up in the rafters looking down. Great idea.

If they're not going to open the dang roof they should at least make money off of it.

[/sarcasm]

So that I can pick the nit a different way, I wonder...

Aren't there a lot of corps that haven't done that that have won DCI?

Semantics, romantics; eh, what's the difference.

I'm sure I'm just over-thinking it.

Edit: I think what I'm trying to do here is say that drum corps ain't rocket science. As a buddy said to me last night, "...you don't need all that stuff out there if you just hunker down and play".

Cool design, tho. Somebody will try something like it, to be sure.

Edited by garfield

Ahh! A new class of Friends' seats! Up in the rafters looking down. Great idea.

If they're not going to open the dang roof they should at least make money off of it.

[/sarcasm]

Yes, but by my calculations the vomit accelerates to 92.8 miles per hour by the time it hits the ground, or a kid. Some corps, like Cavvies and Santa Clara have headgear that would protect them better than others. Crown's open shakos would make the problem infinitely worse...

Either way, eventually the field may produce enough slipping and sliding to actually result in the OP's pattern anyway...

Drunken Sunburst.

So that I can pick the nit a different way, I wonder...

Aren't there a lot of corps that haven't done that that have won DCI?

Semantics, romantics; eh, what's the difference.

I'm sure I'm just over-thinking it.

Edit: I think what I'm trying to do here is say that drum corps ain't rocket science. As a buddy said to me last night, "...you don't need all that stuff out there if you just hunker down and play".

Cool design, tho. Somebody will try something like it, to be sure.

The days of "just hunker down and play" are long over for corps that want to score competitively. I'm not saying that's a good thing. That's just the way it is in the present era that places undue importance on the visual (my opinion)

• Like 2