Master list of edits on the Blu-Ray/DVD's

I remember that show. Poor guy Fracked Up his solos so bad he set a precedent. They had no choice but to use a different performance.

Was that really the first time DCI did that? When I marched in the late 90's, our corps director talked to me like it was very common place for the corps to be able to dictate which performance they choose to use for the recordings. Now-a-days it seems like it's not unheard of to cut-and-paste phrases or movements from different shows to splice together as a performance

(note: the producers to an AMAZING job of making that seamless most of the time)

Was that really the first time DCI did that? When I marched in the late 90's, our corps director talked to me like it was very common place for the corps to be able to dictate which performance they choose to use for the recordings. Now-a-days it seems like it's not unheard of to cut-and-paste phrases or movements from different shows to splice together as a performance

(note: the producers to an AMAZING job of making that seamless most of the time)

It's my understanding that it wasn't the first time, but due to how noticeable the inaccuracies were, that it has been brought up more times.

Matt Gregg also also fracked in the closer for Madison '93, and that is the performance on the recordings, as is the 1992 Cavaliers sop frack in Peterloo, so I would be surprised if they were given a choice and they chose to leave those moments in there.

Matt Gregg also also fracked in the closer for Madison '93, and that is the performance on the recordings, as is the 1992 Cavaliers sop frack in Peterloo, so I would be surprised if they were given a choice and they chose to leave those moments in there.

Maybe the corps' overall performance was so good it merited the Finals' run, warts and all?

Maybe the corps' overall performance was so good it merited the Finals' run, warts and all?

Good point

I've always felt the recordings were meant to record, for posterity, THE ACTUAL EVENTS THAT HAPPENED! It's not a "DCI Finals Week's Greatest Hits" recording. It's a recording of what happened on Finals night. If you don't want something ugly on there... nail your performance.

I'm sure Buckner would like to splice video of him properly fielding a ground ball into the 1986 World Series Game 6 tape... but it happened, and it's there.

One set of the '89 cd's has the actual Finals show of BD, frack and all. I like having both.

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone had compiled a complete list of all the edits and cuts made to the DVD/Blu-Ray packages over the last several years. Obviously the big ones are Phantom 2008 and Madison 2011, but I know there have been several smaller instances, especially where corps have used samples like Cavies' Mad World and Cadets' 12.25.

I have not purchased any recent video packages but given the uncertain and precarious copyright situation I am thinking about trying to catch up...just would like to know the little things I'll be missing out on. Thanks to any and all who can shed some light here.

I was out of the loop back then... what about Phantom 2008 needed editing????

I was out of the loop back then... what about Phantom 2008 needed editing????

One of the composers of the second piece Phantom did (the gladiator battle) objected to how his music was presented and withdrew his permission, so roughly half of that song had to be removed. DCI actually did a very good job with the edit, and if you hadn't seen the original show, you'd be hard pressed to notice.

Mike

One of the composers of the second piece Phantom did (the gladiator battle) objected to how his music was presented and withdrew his permission, so roughly half of that song had to be removed. DCI actually did a very good job with the edit, and if you hadn't seen the original show, you'd be hard pressed to notice.

Mike

Wait... he pulled his permission AFTER he got his money??? Isn't that a finalized contract? How does one get to do a "do over" on a signed contract???