Master list of edits on the Blu-Ray/DVD's

I was wondering if anyone had compiled a complete list of all the edits and cuts made to the DVD/Blu-Ray packages over the last several years. Obviously the big ones are Phantom 2008 and Madison 2011, but I know there have been several smaller instances, especially where corps have used samples like Cavies' Mad World and Cadets' 12.25.

I have not purchased any recent video packages but given the uncertain and precarious copyright situation I am thinking about trying to catch up...just would like to know the little things I'll be missing out on. Thanks to any and all who can shed some light here.

Wondering this as well. Even in the old days, I remember there being finals recordings that had a portion of a different performance spliced in.

BD 1989-even on their MediaBox-it lists "If We Were in Love" as the Saturday night recording, and anyone who know's that performance would be able to tell they used the semi's recording.

It's a practice that's been around for years.

BD 1989-even on their MediaBox-it lists "If We Were in Love" as the Saturday night recording, and anyone who know's that performance would be able to tell they used the semi's recording.

Considering the SCV keyboardist this year had an issue to roughly the same degree as that soloist, I'm wondering if they'll opt for a similar strategy. I still feel bad for the kid :unhappy:

Edited by Hrothgar15

The two-CD set that DCI released in 1989 included a disclaimer indicating that the recordings were selected from performances on August 17, 18, and 19 of that year.

The two-CD set that DCI released in 1989 included a disclaimer indicating that the recordings were selected from performances on August 17, 18, and 19 of that year.

If you go on the BD mediabox it says August 19, which was what I posted originally.

I remember that show. Poor guy Fracked Up his solos so bad he set a precedent. They had no choice but to use a different performance.

If you go on the BD Mediabox it says August 19, which was what I posted originally.

Sorry to have been clear; I wasn't disputing what you wrote. I was just noting how they originally handled the issue 26 years ago.

Considering the SCV keyboardist this year had an issue to roughly the same degree as that soloist, I'm wondering if they'll opt for a similar strategy. I still feel bad for the kid :unhappy:

I feel horribly for him too, and one of my first thoughts at the time was I hope they swap out the semis performance for that section. I would hate for that moment to be immortalized.