Colts 2016

I'm not defending the boxes because I haven't seen them live in full use. I've seen a few videos and last night's periscope of the show, and from the stream, I could see shadows through the video at some points in the show... but I hope they either scrap them or improve them somehow.

The problem is you can tell they had to use a filter to get that picture. So During the day you wont be able to see the light and possible at night the stadium lights can be too bright to see the color.

Was at Lisle and at Cedarburg the last two nights. At Lisle, they were on after darkness set in and last night they were on just as the sun was setting. Both nights, there was no trouble seeing the lighting in the boxes. They used them with people inside for shadow effects and they also light them with nobody inside for other effects (especially during the drum break). I'm sure they will continue to work with them and integrate them. With their time slots for most of the season, I don't think going on during the daylight will be much issue (with the exception of the Minneapolis regional).

The whole show is really moving forward. Slight changes to the closer last night and I know there are other changes planned for their two rehearsal days this week. Been to three shows in person and the crowds have been loving this show so far and am looking forward to all the tweaks and changes planned.

• Like 1

I was at the Lisle show. Yes, the boxes still need some work, but I know the corps is continuing to work on that. The main thing that I always remind myself is that the opening night show is completely different than what you see at Lucas Oil. This is true for every single corps. Sometimes I get caught up in the analysis and comparing corps. As someone else mentioned, I'm not sure why there are a ton of lamps on one end of the field for the Blue Stars show, along with the woman in yellow wandering around. I walked away wondering what message I missed there. However, I am sure there is something planned, it is still early.

My biggest concern with the boxes was the ability to see the shadowed figures if there is a daytime show or even at a nighttime show with the lights. And how will that look on finals week at an indoor stadium...I don't know. But I'm also not going to worry about it because there is a whole visual team hired to work that out. My job as a volunteer is to cook the food, be a positive influence on my corps member, and cheer really loud for the Red Team. In the end, the scores don't matter, but my son's experience will influence how he views the activity and the people in it.

Just a few days until the Dubuque show! Hold On To Morning! Old Man River!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really happy with the boxes being painted silver! I think the big white screens are less distracting and easier to look at! Good change y'all!

Waiting to see them on DCI Live tonight to see if the new boxes come through as well now on the computer as they do in person.

Not sure what all the hub bub is about the boxes, but I think they really add to the show. Colts are brilliant and going back to a tradition of great horn lines and awesome drill and choreography. On the Road to Nationals! GO GETT'EM KIDS!!!

I watched the live feed tonight and the boxes didn't come through very well, although worked effectively when I saw them live in Minneapolis. Regardless, I love this show and the music will have me listening over and over when I get the disc after the season!

• Like 1

I watched the live feed tonight and the boxes didn't come through very well, although worked effectively when I saw them live in Minneapolis. Regardless, I love this show and the music will have me listening over and over when I get the disc after the season!

A little after sunset in Broken Arrow they worked REALLY well.