Colts 2016

I'm just a tad bit biased but I liked it as well! However, with the new staff coming in, I really like the direction they are trying to take the corps this year. I really hope it pays off in the end. It's been great to see all the progress and the mindset they are trying to build early this year and the way they are setting up the pre-season camps so that they are prepared to start the competitive season strong.

I may have missed this somewhere, but who's writing the brass book?

Their OZ was OK but last year left me flat. Feel it’s way more the how than what and to trap themselves in talking shows was a dead end.

I always root for the Colts because I like what the corps is about so hoping for the best

Very excited for the Colts this year! Yes, there have been staffing changes and yes, some vets have left. This happens to all corps at some time or another. But, the leadership team of vets and new staff are working hard and they have had record numbers of auditionees that have been extremely talented. The segments I have heard at camp already sound very strong. They will be a corps to watch this year!

Go RED TEAM!

Very excited for the Colts this year! Yes, there have been staffing changes and yes, some vets have left. This happens to all corps at some time or another. But, the leadership team of vets and new staff are working hard and they have had record numbers of auditionees that have been extremely talented. The segments I have heard at camp already sound very strong. They will be a corps to watch this year!

Go RED TEAM!

Couldn't agree more! They are far and away ahead of last year at this time and the new staff is already putting their mark on the organization and the students. You get a little bit of the mindset that Howard Weinstein is bringing with this Q&A that the Colts just posted. I couldn't be happier with the direction the corps is headed.

http://www.colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=881

• 3 months later...

Great things coming out of Iowa so far from what I have seen. Last year, the drill was not complete for the first week of the season and this year, that will not be the case! Lots of great music coming out of the horns so nobody should have any complaints this year that they aren't playing enough. Can't wait to see where this show goes. Howard Weinstein has brought a great show design, mindset, and attitude to this corps.

• Like 1

Any news on narration? I haven't been able to get behind the last few story shows and knowing half the new staff I hope they can get the direction right. Alot of new talent on staff which could be what's needed for that push forward.

No narration so far!

The Colts have announced via Twitter that the full show is on the field with 11 days until their first competition!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

The Colts have announced via Twitter that the full show is on the field with 11 days until their first competition!

Again, Howard Weinstein has had a great plan since coming on last fall and it is continuing through their spring training. I don't expect that to change once tour hits as well. Could be great things for them this summer!