I think they have the fight in them to stay in 10th. I don't know what the judges are saying or even if they are getting consistent suggestions. I do miss the detailed recaps, but I like that in last night's show they were in 3rd in all three broad captions: GE, Visual, and Music.

As for the soft ending, you never know if this is good for GE or bad. Standing ovations or the lack thereof never seem to impact judge's opinions. I've seen many a corps be popular with the crowd while judges said "meh". In the reverse, I've seen many shows that were "meh" with the crowd that won.

As for the soft ending, you never know if this is good for GE or bad.

Too often soft endings are designed from the artist's point of view and the audience is left wondering, is the show over? In short, too often the short endings are too abrupt.

The soft ending has to flow from both the artist's design and the audience's/judges emotional flow

Cadets 1997, SCV in the tunnel, and Regiment's Into the Light shows are prime examples of well designed soft endings the audience and judges all appreciated.

Too often soft endings are designed from the artist's point of view and the audience is left wondering, is the show over? In short, too often the short endings are too abrupt.

The soft ending has to flow from both the artist's design and the audience's/judges emotional flow

Cadets 1997, SCV in the tunnel, and Regiment's Into the Light shows are prime examples of well designed soft endings the audience and judges all appreciated.

I would add that the Crossmen's soft ending of the "Fragile" show worked very well for them.

They end how they started just like 2003 Cavaliers correct? I think if they let that moment develop more obviously and for a longer period of time it would have more impact. In recordings of the Cavaliers from 2003 you can hear people laughing at the resolution of the show because they see it end as it started.

When I saw them at San Antonio I thought it was cool that they ended how they started. But when it happened it was like a weak surprise, it needs development to a very clean finish.

Academy only 1.1 behind. Keep pushing bones

Edited by xbones7480

Crossmen holds on to 10th, yet there are many still waiting for another day of marching.

It will be close and down to the wire.

Can someone tell me how the finals are chosen at Indy. How many make it into the finals?

Crossmen holds on to 10th, yet there are many still waiting for another day of marching.

It will be close and down to the wire.

Can someone tell me how the finals are chosen at Indy. How many make it into the finals?

Top 12 scores from semifinals.

Atlanta lineup based on draw from San Antonio:

6:32 p.m. Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
6:49 p.m. Troopers - Casper, WY
7:06 p.m. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI
7:23 p.m. Crossmen - San Antonio, TX
7:40 p.m. The Academy - Tempe, AZ

Hope Bones can pull some GE out of their aussies.

Edited by xbones7480

Atlanta lineup based on draw from San Antonio:

6:32 p.m. Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

6:49 p.m. Troopers - Casper, WY

7:06 p.m. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

7:23 p.m. Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

7:40 p.m. The Academy - Tempe, AZ

Hope Bones can pull some GE out of their aussies.

I am not too concerned (yet) about Academy's one time beating them in GE. It takes two times to make a trend. I don't even know who the GE judges were in this particular contest. Regionals have four GE judges. Crossmen beat Academy in GE in San Antonio when there were four judges.