Meet The New DCA Executive Team

This past weekend at the December meeting of Drum Corps Associates (DCA) Elections were held for all positions of the DCA executive team. With the retirement of Gil Silva, a new President has been elected, Mr. Allen Buell. Allen has been the Vice President for the past 4 years, served as operations director for the […]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2015/12/meet-the-new-dca-executive-team/

Maybe by the Year 3000 this whole Newsfeed thing will be straightened out. :tongue:

• Like 5

Copy the link (at least IE 11 let me do that).... open new IE.... paste in link..... get DCA page and start reading.... then hit NEXT link to read whole story...

WTH!!!.... <$1 to Hank Hill>

Good luck to the group in these changing times..... LOL we actually talked to Allen at Annapolis the second year there. Started talking to a guy in the hotel lobby who looked familiar and finally asked his name. Good talk and both had a laugh over the "Oh that's who you are....". :tounge2:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Do they have ideas to get butts in seats? Do they have ideas to unify the organizations and activity instead of this "every corps/show for itself"?

I'm sure they do. Let's give them a chance to get settled and do what they have been elected to do. They trusted us to put them into the positions they are in...now let's trust them to do what they were put there to do.

I, for one, am very excited about what the future holds. Congratulations to all the executive board. It's going to be a GREAT ride!

Dan

knowing all but Amber personally, if they said otherwise I'd call them liars LOL!

I would imagine they may have some ideas, and if any of them were crazy enough to want to hear my ideas, I'd offer them up in a heart beat.

I will say this:

While DCA at times does have a reputation as being slow moving and stuck in the mud, came light years under Gil's leadership. Prior to Gil coming onboard, communications with DCI was considered the devils talk. Gil, like Acheson at DCI isn't a dictator, nor will Allen be....they are in that position at the whim of the voting BOD. but Gil shook some serious #### up, and IMO, if he hadn't, my hunch is DCA would be in far worse shape if not dead.So kudos to Gil, and enjoy your retirement....you've earned.

And Allen.....even if we ##### on here, we love you. Usually.

LOL

• Like 2

>>Do they have ideas to get butts in seats? Do they have ideas to unify the organizations and activity instead of this "every corps/show for itself"?<<

Interesting questions and topics ... now that the new administration is in place, why not contact them and ask them directly?

If not already planned, maybe it would be worthwhile for DCA's new Dev Coordinator, DeGroote (sp), to facilitate a marketing focus group in conjunction with their winter or spring meetings to gain some valuable info and ideas ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko