Crown 2016 Show 'IDEA'

Hi All,

So, I have always liked Crown's 2011 show Rach Star.

After listening to some music today, I would say certain stuff from Trans-Siberian Orchestra has Crown written all over it. They could def. rock it out with some TSO.....

Hi All,

So, I have always liked Crown's 2011 show Rach Star.

After listening to some music today, I would say certain stuff from Trans-Siberian Orchestra has Crown written all over it. They could def. rock it out with some TSO.....

That's actually a very interesting idea. Are you thinking Christmas or non-Chrismas? I'm not very familiar with TSO outside of their Christmas songs (which are quite amazing).

I think they should do an homage to young Elvis in Memphis in his vulnerable high school years. His commitment to developing his own style. His relationship with local African American blues musicians at the time. His exposure to Gospel. His original dance moves. Use all original compositions to create the world of blues, rock and gospel in the 50's. He gets kicked around, told he can't sing, and tries to break out on his own. At the end of the show he gets word he is picked up for the Ed Sullivan Show. And we know what happens after that. He packs his bag and leaves his small town behind.

cool idea - I think we all can agree, Crown is very "able" and could tackle a number of different directions musically and artistically -- I'm really looking forward to their 2016 program announcement!

That's actually a very interesting idea. Are you thinking Christmas or non-Chrismas? I'm not very familiar with TSO outside of their Christmas songs (which are quite amazing).

Yeah, stuff from TSO's Christmas productions....lots of good stuff there....

Since 2010, Crown's convinced me that whatever they do it'll be one of my favorites.

Mike

Agreed. I always really dig Crown shows. High level of performance and just very engaging cohesive designs. E=mc2 ranking very high on my favorite of all time DCI shows. I love Cadets too but that maybe my blind homer love but just love their movement. Mesmerizing. Bluecoats have my interest now but still not in my top two favorites just yet.