2016 Finals Tix

I was just told that the reason the tickets haven't been mailed yet is that, "...they are waiting for some more materials before they mail..." What materials do they need?!?!?!?!?!

I had wondered what was going on.

The Friends of DCI tickets are normally sent out shortly after New Year.

At least August is still a long way off...

Word on the street sez that Michael Boo's agent has held up the process dickering about the licensing of Michael's picture on the tickets, whether Michael's hair part will be photo-shopped, and whether the surprise of the music touch pad like a Hallmark card will be playing him alone on his glockenspiel or some of the music he marched in DCI. Surely, these tickets will be collectors' items and may someday even make his usual TV fav the Antiques Roadshow broadcast. (I hear he got the gig 'cause Reliable Rondo couldn't explain what a French Lick was and Dennis DeLucia wanted his photo to be from the first season of DCI. Cesario's photo of bathing in chocolate was not deemed Family-friendly.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 4

...they are waiting for some more materials before they mail..." What materials do they need?!?!?!?!?!

Envelopes.

Word on the street sez that Michael Boo's agent has held up the process dickering about the licensing of Michael's picture on the tickets, whether Michael's hair part will be photo-shopped, and whether the surprise of the music touch pad like a Hallmark card will be playing him alone on his glockenspiel or some of the music he marched in DCI. Surely, these tickets will be collectors' items and may someday even make his usual TV fav the Antiques Roadshow broadcast. (I hear he got the gig 'cause Reliable Rondo couldn't explain what a French Lick was and Dennis DeLucia wanted his photo to be from the first season of DCI. Cesario's photo of bathing in chocolate was not deemed Family-friendly.)

Still laughing from this!!! :babies:

I love you people!

We've reached a compromise: All ticket buyers will receive a complimentary copy of my new music CD, "Baby: Michael Boo Sings the Music of Justin Bieber." In exchange for DCI sending out the CDs, I had to agree to allow them to produce them with a special additive that makes the disks flammable.

• Like 2

I love you people!

We've reached a compromise: All ticket buyers will receive a complimentary copy of my new music CD, "Baby: Michael Boo Sings the Music of Justin Bieber." In exchange for DCI sending out the CDs, I had to agree to allow them to produce them with a special additive that makes the disks flammable.

OK as long as it doesn't include the life-size poster of the competition between Boo and the Bieb over who has the most outlandish tattoos.

No wonder there are no more competitive drum corps championships in Canada.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I got this email from DCI today.

Hello David,

We are in the process of printing and shipping out Super 3 orders now as we had to wait for some materials to come in and we had to wait for a confirmation on the time adjustment for Prelims before printing tickets.

With the number of orders it could take up to two weeks for the tickets to be mailed but they will be out shortly.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

DCI Support

Maybe they're waiting on Sync rights?

Edited by jjeffeory