Bruce Springsteen Drum Corps Story?

I just got to thinking that perhaps Bruce was a corpsmate of Madonna's. :smile:

Springsteen dated Madonna when both were in the Bridgemen.

I've read a couple of Bruce biographies.

Never saw any reference to him marching in a band or a corps.

As far as i know,Bruce started out playing guitar and during his careeer branched out into other instruments like piano and organ.

Don't know about him playing brass or percussion.

Being from N.J. I always wondered why his music wasn't used by corps and/or bands.

I was told that it is really hard to get his permission to use his music.

I've read a couple of Bruce biographies.

Never saw any reference to him marching in a band or a corps.

As far as i know,Bruce started out playing guitar and during his careeer branched out into other instruments like piano and organ.

Don't know about him playing brass or percussion.

Being from N.J. I always wondered why his music wasn't used by corps and/or bands.

I was told that it is really hard to get his permission to use his music.

Being born and raised in Asbury Park, NJ. I would say No to him having marched in Drum Corps. He was raised in Freehold, NJ. The nearest JR Drum Corps within a 20 miles or so to Freehold, (where he was raised) and which never had a Drum Corps, would have been: "Asbury Park Hurricanes", "Neptune Shoreliners", "Keyport Jersey Cyclones" (all of which I marched with), "Union Beach Firesiders", "Middletown Coppertones", "St.Joe's Toms River Modernairs", "Brick Twsp. Townsmen", "Eatontown Royales", and maybe one more.

He ("Bruce") became famous by playing the Local Bar's. The most famous being the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. (heck I remember seeing him for free if you got to the bar before the $1.00 "Cover charge" kicked in at 7PM) Met him once. I was a Cop in the Traffic Div. We had to keep people, and cars away from "Palace Amusements" during an outdoor Photo Shoot for some Photo's for an Album Cover. He was NOT a very nice person. Typical "How Great I am Type". I also wrote for "Drum Corps News" and "Eastern Review" a Drum Corps Magazine. Pretty sure I would have heard about him being in a Drum Corps.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 2

With all the talking about himself and his experiences you'd think a story about corps would have come out,

Just keep thinking of the 5 minutes (think it's on the live album set from 85) where he talks about failing his Draft physical because of wiping out on the cycle and his dads thought on that and the war and..... Wasn't mentioned in Clarences book either (bought that at the $1 Store)....