Blue Knights 2016

RPK

I have a question about this program. Something I don't understand. The voice says she'll play the Moonlight Sonata backwards to end the sorrow. Then, within 30 seconds to 1 minute the Moonlight Sonata is played backwards. Should that really be their closer? The sorrow ending when the show ends? I guess to me it isn't making sense that it's more in the middle of the show with the 2014 voice ending the show. Thoughts would be appreciated. The backwards playing of the Moonlight Sonata is one of the highlights of the season for me, if not THE highlight.

Edited by henry7184

I have a question about this program. Something I don't understand. The voice says she'll play the Moonlight Sonata backwards to end the sorrow. Then, within 30 seconds to 1 minute the Moonlight Sonata is played backwards. Should that really be their closer? The sorrow ending when the show ends? I guess to me it isn't making sense that it's more in the middle of the show with the 2014 voice ending the show. Thoughts would be appreciated. The backwards playing of the Moonlight Sonata is one of the highlights of the season for me, if not THE highlight.

My personal take on this...

The voice over begins with "It's going to happen very soon..." so maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute later is the delay to the "very soon" reference in which the music that plays during that portion is "hopeful" sounding....like maybe an "Aha moment" that if the Moonlight Sonata is played backward all the horror and suffering will end. Like "Let's rise up and do it!" music...and then the Moonlight Sonata is played backward and then the suffering and horror ends.

Again...just my take.

My personal take on this...

The voice over begins with "It's going to happen very soon..." so maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute later is the delay to the "very soon" reference in which the music that plays during that portion is "hopeful" sounding....like maybe an "Aha moment" that if the Moonlight Sonata is played backward all the horror and suffering will end. Like "Let's rise up and do it!" music...and then the Moonlight Sonata is played backward and then the suffering and horror ends.

Again...just my take.

I get where you are coming from and that 30 secs to 1 minute in an 11 minute show is "very soon." But it happens, alluding to the sorrow ending, then we have 4+ minutes of a show left, then the voice over at the end is the Borg Queen fading out to the 2014 girl, which alludes to me that the sorrow is ending right there, which would make sense. I think the Moonlight backwards would have been a great way to close the show.

I will listen to this show millions of times once I get the recording. The Moonlight Sonata is one of my most favorite pieces, and these bloody buggery BK people have me hearing it backwards when I listen to it now. I just listened to it last night, and was thinking of BK's backwards edition. LOL.

Edited by henry7184

I get where you are coming from and that 30 secs to 1 minute in an 11 minute show is "very soon." But it happens, alluding to the sorrow ending, then we have 4+ minutes of a show left, then the voice over at the end is the Borg Queen fading out to the 2014 girl, which alludes to me that the sorrow is ending right there, which would make sense. I think the Moonlight backwards would have been a great way to close the show.

I will listen to this show millions of times once I get the recording. The Moonlight Sonata is one of my most favorite pieces, and these bloody buggery BK people have me hearing it backwards when I listen to it now. I just listened to it last night, and was thinking of BK's backwards edition. LOL.

I think part of it is that they want to show the aftermath of the reversal of suffering. Just the way I interpret it

I think part of it is that they want to show the aftermath of the reversal of suffering. Just the way I interpret it

I thought of that too, until the Borg Queen's voice transitioned into the 2014 girl....that made me think that the moment of transition is the moment where the sorrow ended. Whatever, though, I don't really care about the story. I love the music in this show.

• Like 1

I thought of that too, until the Borg Queen's voice transitioned into the 2014 girl....that made me think that the moment of transition is the moment where the sorrow ended. Whatever, though, I don't really care about the story. I love the music in this show.

The music is great! The music after the playing of the Moonlight Sonata backward sounds uplifting and joyous as if the suffering is finally ending...then the voice goes from Borg Queen to girl from 2014 at the end to make the statement that the suffering is over and now.....everyone can reflect on "That One Second".

Can someone explain why the battery was not wearing shakos and some horn players had no plumes?

Left their plume box at the housing site.

Source: DCI.org article summing up Prelims.