Blue Devils 2016

Good point. But they still should have taken the silver.

Me and you might be the only people on the planet who thought BD outperformed Phantom on finals night in 08.

• Like 5

I'm actually shocked about the negative feedback. I was blown away at their performance level this early. This is a powerful show that again is maybe 25 percent complete. We just got a shell an I'm impressed. More so than previous years. They are really good. I guess for some people it has to be a home run from the start.

• Like 2

Same unrecoginzable snippets of music strung together with that techno, techno quasi dub step feeling. Lots of electronics.

Prolly win finals. Yeah.

Oh yeah, the 2008 musical reference and the trombone glissandos. Too much of both.

I don't recognize any of the snippets of whatever they are playing.

Sorry this show looks stupid to me. But it will play well on the Fuze Network TV show. Right now I would say Cadets have the upper hand on enjoyable shows.

Oh wow. I'm impressed with the product. Really looking forward seeing how it's going to mature and evolve. That duplo dance section... young fans will LOVE that. I can see that being a huge season highlight with young fans. I like it.

I don't mind the quotes at all, they're integrated well enough. I'm confused where people are hearing the 2008/2015 quotes?? There's a ton of the Cape Fear melodies that kinda sounds like it, are they confusing it with that?

Oh wow. I'm impressed with the product. Really looking forward seeing how it's going to mature and evolve. That duplo dance section... young fans will LOVE that. I can see that being a huge season highlight with young fans. I like it.

I don't mind the quotes at all, they're integrated well enough. I'm confused where people are hearing the 2008/2015 quotes?? There's a ton of the Cape Fear melodies that kinda sounds like it, are they confusing it with that?

The 2008 quote is in the opener (this year), in the trumpets, right before the chromatic run up. The 2015 quote, I believe he had that one confused.

I remember quite a few people here on DCP questioning BD's 2009 and 2012 shows in June. How did that turn out? 2011 season they took home the silver medal which is impressive since some people had them finishing as low as 7th after the first couple shows in Texas. Everyone needs to slow their roll a bit. BD will be just fine.

• Like 1

I haven't seen BD been this good so early since 2009 or 2010. And maybe as far back as 2003. Yes they will be fine and will be the corp to beat. All of a sudden people are critical of electronics? Where have they been?