Blue Devils 2016

Lothype usually has a couple of links as back up, it was already taken down once it looks like.

Ballad is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.. one of my favorites already. The rest of the show isn't doing it for me yet. That being said, things change. Who knows what it will end up as in August.

• Like 2

Oh wow! Powerful dark sound. I love the Cape Fear opener. Trombones are powerful, and different. Almost too much glissando for my taste. The Beiber ... Well, can't call it tune ... Feature is very cool! Biggest takeaway for me -- upon first viewing (watching video up higher on 20, not the original one at field level) this could be BD's best visual package/performance ever. The drill looks stunning, difficult, and beautiful. I can see the ballad, once the visuals and props are complete (what will be on those platforms in the back) will be an all time great! xant wait for another great year like 2015!

To be honest, I immediately shut the video off when I heard the freaking Beiber BS. That's gonna be a hard one to swallow this year, terrible choice by the design team.

Edited by LordLulz
  • Like 2

Just watched the video.

I actually really like most of the show. My biggest problem with it is, as many have mentioned, too much trombone glissandi. It works in the opener (I see it as depicting the actual storm) but it's overdone in the section before the Bieber. (Knowing that that's the Caliban section, maybe it symbolizes the part in which Caliban gets drunk... :ninja: ) GORGEOUS ballad! Lots of potential here, although it's too bad I didn't hear Prospero's famous speech among the dialogue. Oh well, the video sound was a bit wonky anyway.

To be honest, I immediately shut the video off when I heard the freaking Beiber BS. That's gonna be a hard one to swallow this year, terrible choice by the design team.

I had the same complex with last year's K-pop.. and ####, that turned out to be kinda cool.

I'd maybe agree if was straight up JB vocals. But edgy electronic beats with dance (which DCI has had a lot of) ≠ Justin Beiber.

• Like 1

Well obviously its early in the season and who knows, maybe they can pull it off. Def left a bad taste in my mouth though.

I'd maybe agree if was straight up JB vocals. But edgy electronic beats with dance (which DCI has had a lot of) ≠ Justin Beiber.

That "edgy beat" that Skrillex and Bieber use throughout Where Are U is actually Bieber's voice. They just heavily distorted it to make it sound like it's just some electronic beat. Pretty cool if you think about it.

Well obviously its early in the season and who knows, maybe they can pull it off. Def left a bad taste in my mouth though.

Obviously still very early, but the show seemed to be a mirror of Ink. Disappointing. But I didn't like Ink early either.