Blue Devils 2016

That's what I'm feeling too and it sucks because I really love their direction since 08. Can't think of a single show since 07 that I didn't like or love from them.

Every show that they've done in that time period has had that distinctly BD sound, feel, and look and yet all of them were very different from each other. Unique.

At this stage of the season (June), this show is looking a lot like BD's staff trying to re-use 2015's formula and doing a worse job at it. I hope they develop it well through the season

You know they will be just fine. I'm about 95% with you, and I saw most of this a couple of weeks ago, and my opinion hasn't

changed much. They're going to be very clean though. Nice ballad. Got leave it on a positive note.

• Like 1

You know they will be just fine. I'm about 95% with you, and I saw most of this a couple of weeks ago, and my opinion hasn't

changed much. They're going to be very clean though. Nice ballad. Got leave it on a positive note.

Oh yeah I'm sure placement wise that they'll be fine. Probably will be top 2 again. I'm just disappointed because I expected something unique and original from them.

• Like 1

So true. Everyone is going to Defcon 4 over an incomplete preseason show on June 19th.

Good point. But they still should have taken the silver.

I'm a Phantom Regiment homer and even I think BD got robbed in 2008. Judges bought into the crowd hype that year

• Like 2

I don't know what show you guys where watching, but what I saw was just amazing. I really love the dance break by the baritone players in the Where Are U Now segment.

The Gordon Goodwin piece is actually the Bach in D Minor piece from 08 with Pianos by Danny Elfman mixed in with it.

The Gordon Goodwin piece is actually the Bach in D Minor piece from 08 with Pianos by Danny Elfman mixed in with it.

Okay so I'm not going crazy. And isn't the little part played by the trombones at 7:01 (and throughout the rest of the show) not a direct quote from Dark Forest by Dave Glyde (opener of 2015)?

So true. Everyone is going to Defcon 4 over an incomplete preseason show on June 19th.

Defcon 4 is a pretty low defense condition....Defcon levels go up as the number decreases...Defcon 2 was reached during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Defcon 1 means the missiles are about to fly.