DESIGNER'S TOOLBOX - SETUPS

Post #47 inspired me to post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZPLtZQlLqg

I was one of the town gossips in our high school rendition of Music Man. I was a character actress from grade 7 to grade 13 and during 2 years University explored set design, costume, makeup, lighting, dance all during drum corps years. I sort of understand the point of OP Channel3 but lighten up C3. Drama isn't always dramatic. Set the stage, introduce the concept, provide context and let the 12 minutes flow is all I know. It's different than a 2 hour stage play let alone a 6 minute guard show in a gym. It's all about music on a field, that huge stage with many audience viewing and listening angles.

Never said it was. Humor is the uncharted territory in DCI, aside from Velvet Knights and the Blue Stars, a little.

Well, have you?

I've read the inferno and purgatorio, never got around to reading paradiso.

BUT you failed to answer my question, although I suppose I know the answer.

• Like 1

I've read the inferno and purgatorio, never got around to reading paradiso.

BUT you failed to answer my question, although I suppose I know the answer.

I'm sorry, I didn't get what you were asking. Of course I've read the Divine Comedy. It's not light reading. I had Cliffs notes by my side, believe me, and it was years ago. I asked that same question on this forum-- is that what you're referring to? I asked if forum posters here had even read a synopsis of the trilogy it so that they could better understand Carolina Crown's 2015 show, to which the meat puppets on here responded with general angst and plumber's crack defensiveness. It helps in understanding the opening, "Abandon all hope" line, for example. Is that what you're talking about?

... to which the meat puppets on here responded with general angst and plumber's crack defensiveness.

I am not about to analyze your psyche the way you tried on me, but I can state unequivocally that the way you convey messages holds no respect, honor, nor integrity toward anyone who disagrees with you. Jabs of humor to break the tension has it's place, but belittling others with condescenion is born in the depths of self-righteous arrogance. And unfortunately the life-view which is based on the belief that most others are beneath you is becoming more and more prevalent within many who have attempted, and are currently attempting, to influence the direction of DCI.

• Like 1

I am not about to analyze your psyche the way you tried on me, but I can state unequivocally that the way you convey messages holds no respect, honor, nor integrity toward anyone who disagrees with you. Jabs of humor to break the tension has it's place, but belittling others with condescenion is born in the depths of self-righteous arrogance. And unfortunately the life-view which is based on the belief that most others are beneath you is becoming more and more prevalent within many who have attempted, and are currently attempting, to influence the direction of DCI.

You dropped your wrench.