When does audition info for 2017 come out?

you don't like jazz, but you want to march BD?

you have heard their arrangements correct?

I guess it's just the show style I'm thinking of. Spirit's shows seem jazzy to me. I know BD sort of does this too, but not nearly as much as Spirit does, imo. Oh, and Holland, I didn't mean to say I dislike jazz. I'd just rather not play it in a corps setting as much as Spirit does.

Edited by BassClefTristan

You do realize that you can't audition until you take Channel3's course on the how/why of all things show related, don't you? Then, after the prerequisite 12 step program that follows, you will be able to know what corps to audition for. Until then...

• Like 1

You do realize that you can't audition until you take Channel3's course on the how/why of all things show related, don't you? Then, after the prerequisite 12 step program that follows, you will be able to know what corps to audition for. Until then...

No, man, I didn't. haven't even heard of this.

he was joking. Lol

Jeez :huh2: Lol.

PS - If you can, check out the educational camps the corps host. It's a great way to play drum corps for a weekend, get world-class instruction, and get to know the membership and culture of the organization.

This is a great idea and it's a fantastic way to get to know the staff at a corps and get a feel for the "vibe" they have. My son went to the Bluecoats' camp in 2014 (Tilt) and had a great time. Bloo's camp is June 4/5 this year so if you want to do it, better make your plans soon.

Also, while we're talking about Spirit, the past 2 years haven't been as "in your face" jazz as in 2011-13. Especially not last year with Out of the Ashes. With their rep this year though it does seem like they're trying to get back the identity they had from '11-'13. I really can't say exactly where they're headed yet... haven't heard the show. I've heard that some nice stuff's coming up from ATL already though.

This is a great idea and it's a fantastic way to get to know the staff at a corps and get a feel for the "vibe" they have. My son went to the Bluecoats' camp in 2014 (Tilt) and had a great time. Bloo's camp is June 4/5 this year so if you want to do it, better make your plans soon.

I'd love to do this, but I already have plans; I'll be at Tennessee's Governor's School for the Arts the entirety of June.