When does audition info for 2017 come out?

UPDATE: I've been running every day, as well as push-ups, jumping jacks, and a few burpees. Now I'm at Governor's School until June 29, so I figured it'd be impossible to march this year. But I was scrolling through Instagram (yes, I know) and saw an open tuba spot in 7th Regiment being advertised. So just for shoots and giggles, believing he'd flat out say no, I asked the director in an email if, come June 29, I could fill their open tuba spot. And actually, their brass caption head emailed me back and said yes. Some arrangements have been made, and now I have secured this spot, and my rookie year is now this year!

• Like 6

UPDATE: I've been running every day, as well as push-ups, jumping jacks, and a few burpees. Now I'm at Governor's School until June 29, so I figured it'd be impossible to march this year. But I was scrolling through Instagram (yes, I know) and saw an open tuba spot in 7th Regiment being advertised. So just for shoots and giggles, believing he'd flat out say no, I asked the director in an email if, come June 29, I could fill their open tuba spot. And actually, their brass caption head emailed me back and said yes. Some arrangements have been made, and now I have secured this spot, and my rookie year is now this year!

congrats!

Unfortunately, my parents and my band directors have changed their minds in letting me March 7th. Soooo back to square one.

Unfortunately, my parents and my band directors have changed their minds in letting me March 7th. Soooo back to square one.

What was the reason(s) for pulling the plug? This is part of your previous announcement. "Some arrangements have been made, and now I have secured this spot, and my rookie year is now this year!" No tap dancing, just the real truth please.

Edited by Ghost

What was the reason(s) for pulling the plug? This is part of your previous announcement. "Some arrangements have been made, and now I have secured this spot, and my rookie year is now this year!" No tap dancing, just the real truth please.

What makes you think he wasn't telling the truth before? No no need to be an ### about it.

What makes you think he wasn't telling the truth before? No no need to be an ### about it.

I agree... there's no need to interrogate enthusiastic and interested teenagers here.

Things fall through when you can't fully call the shots. I'm sure we have all been there.

I felt he was telling the truth before and I included that quote to remind him of his positive attempt to march this year. So now I'm curious as to why several adults dashed his hopes of marching which is a real downer. I imagine most everyone who has followed this topic would like to know why the change.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

It is a bit odd, that he would not have runway clearance from Air Traffic Controllers ( ie, his parents ) BEFORE his plane took off down the runway to flight ( to 7th Regiment ) Thats all. For context, he's from Tennessee, and 7th Regiment is in Connecticut. The flight take off was aborted by Air Traffic Controllers, ( Parents ) and FAA ( Band Director ) so naturally we all want to know what happened, with no airlines spin, thats all. Relax.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm a tuba/baritone/euphonium player looking to join one of 3 corps in 2017; Crown, Coats, or BD. I know they're 3 of the highest ranked, but I'm confident in my abilities, and I have some experience. Anyways, who knows when they usually let out information about auditions???

The answer is right above. Good luck to you in 2017 with these 3 Corps camps, BassClefTristan.

Edited by BRASSO